Subreddits for YouTube posts

RobB

Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
So for a clearer picture, I try to keep a schedule of things on my channel. So Sunday is Anime day (Death Note right now), Monday is "Making A Murderer Monday", Wednesday is K-Pop/J-Pop Time, Thursday is A Different World Day & Saturdays (if I found a good one) is Small Channel Saturday. The other days I post whatever I like. Real-Time Reviews (reactions), rants, movie reviews, special videos, etc.

Trying to promote all of those days has boosted views but isn't worth the effort if it just ends with suspensions and bans. Especially since I wouldn't consider self-promotion a problem. (If you don't promote yourself...) But it's not my site. I'll likely stick to Twitter where I can hashtag my stuff to death and MAYBE promote a bigger project video on Reddit. I just have to find time to comment as often as they want me to to make it work which isn't as easy as it sounds.
Man, some of those sound like great Reddit content to me. One thing I noticed is that if you regularly post on reddit, they rarely go to your channel. My best views have come from it, but it didn't seem to translate into other type of traction.

Failproductions

Real Guillotine, Explosions, Acid, and more!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It seems reddit makes a lot of videos go viral? Thanks for this post, I'll have to do some tests myself.

Ghostnova

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Comedian, Gamer, Other
Anyone know which subreddit would be best for youtube challenge videos? I just posted in YouTubeChallenges and there's only about 55 users. I know the more popular subreddits are quick to shadow ban self promoters. So i'd like something not too huge.

Reactions: Failproductions

Failproductions

Real Guillotine, Explosions, Acid, and more!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Anyone know which subreddit would be best for youtube challenge videos? I just posted in YouTubeChallenges and there's only about 55 users. I know the more popular subreddits are quick to shadow ban self promoters. So i'd like something not too huge.
Depends on what kind of challenge. If its a funny one, then I would say funny maybe?

Surreal469

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Update: Seeing quite a drop in views since the ban. It's been lifted but I'm still not sure if I'll go back. I feel like even if I take the time to contribute to a specific group, I'd be in danger of getting banned for promotion

Reactions: Failproductions

BigB0ss

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Anyone know any subreddits to post just random skit videos or whatever? I've been holding off on using reddit because the site UI is crazy confusing, but having a subreddit where I know I could post stuff would give me an excuse to get used to it.

AM2PM

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I've been on Reddit for 9 years, and they drive me nuts. Any video I post to /r/videos is almost immediately down voted. Very frustrating. Obviously videos do well there, or else they wouldn't have as many subs as they do. I will actually go and delete my posts fairly quickly so you don't see a huge amount of them in my history. It also allows you to repost the same video if it has been deleted already. Make sure you read all the rules or else the bots will delete your post right away. Good luck!

Tayo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I actually messed up big time with Reddit. B/c I had never even looked at it before making a channel I had no idea how to navigate the site, much less know what the rules were. And then having to know all the rules for all these subreddits! I had no idea what I was doing, to say the least. By the end of it, I had basically crapped all over my account by spamming any subreddits I could with my videos. So I made a new account and took a different approach and actually put effort into working with these communities, so I'm hoping that'll really help! Reddit is like a whole nother ecosystem that you gotta really study to learn.

Reactions: Surreal469

Next Life TV

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
i've never even thought about using Reddit but i made an account to try. wish me luck lol