Subreddits for YouTube posts

Furry Gurus

I'm a girl!
Reaction score
I see a lot of people struggling with reddit on here, so I thought we could start a thread where you share which subreddits are open to sharing your YouTube links considering you are active on reddit by giving (genuine) comments etc on your and other people's posts.

The subreddits that have worked great for me are:
- r/catvideos: 4.000 people, not for big results but you are automatically on the 'popular' tab. gets me about 200 views per post.
- r/DIY: 5.000.000 people, you need to ask permission to share your youtube link, but they mostly allow it. Gets me about 500 views.
- r/crafts: 50.000 people: again, automatically on the 'popular' tab due to the low number of posts, but gets you a few 100 views as well.
- r/aww: 8.000.000 people, they allow youtube videos, but due to the great volume of posts and the general dislike of youtube on reddit, it is harder to get noticed.
- r/cats: 300.000 people, same as r/aww
- r/videos: allow it, but poor results
- r/dogvideos: allow it, but poor results
- r/lookatmydog: 20.000 people, maybe 100 views.

These subreddits are relevant for my channel and are probably only helpful for a few of you. Remember, you need to put an effort in reddit in order to be accepted and be able to get some results.

Last edited:

Talooka

Weirdo With a Beardo
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Other
- r/Webseries: 1,258 members - since my series is a weekly series I try to only post my best video once a month as to not feel like I'm flooding the subreddit. I haven't kept track of the effect it has though, I'll post to them today and update this post later iA.
- r/ShowsonYT: 253 members - Not a lot of traffic here
- r/NewTubers: 4,876 members - A subreddit for smaller channels to promote themselves. You'd have to have an interesting title and thumbnail to get noticed here IMO

XXLRay

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
diy has already been mentioned but was also working fine for me.

Generally I noticed that so called video promotion subreddits don't bring you many views and the audience retention is terrible. It's much better to find a subreddit that really fits your content.

Furry Gurus

I'm a girl!
Reaction score
diy has already been mentioned but was also working fine for me.

Generally I noticed that so called video promotion subreddits don't bring you many views and the audience retention is terrible. It's much better to find a subreddit that really fits your content.
Yes, the video promotion subreddits are filled with people who don't want to watch videos but only want to share. r/catvideos does have quite a few people who actually want to see videos of cats :)

Reactions: BillyVlogsTV

Redford1900

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
These subreddits are relevant for my channel and are probably only helpful for a few of you. Remember, you need to put an effort in reddit in order to be accepted and be able to get some results.
That's helpful for my channel. I can't be as specific as Furry Gurus, but I have good results usually on animalsbeingderps and animalsbeingbros. Another subreddit is awww (it has 3 w's)

For short videos (30 seconds or less) try youtubehaiku. It's a weird subreddit, but I had a video of a dog knocking into me get about 6,000 views.[DOUBLEPOST=1452913963,1452912453][/DOUBLEPOST]
- r/DIY: 5.000.000 people, you need to ask permission to share your youtube link, but they mostly allow it. Gets me about 500 views.
I asked permission to post in DIY and this is what they said "Please read our Guidleines. Unless you made the dog yourself, it's not appropriate here."

The snark is funny, but not very courteous to my nicely worded request which had all the appropriate "manner words."