Faraz

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey guys so let me quickly explain i am a brand new gaming channel (well ive been doing youtube for about 3-4 weeks now) and recently ive had comments like "hey i just checked out your channel its really good left a sub would u check out mine" now im like you know yeah sure why not ,now im not really a fan of sub 4 sub but i liked the other guys content so subbed and left a nice comment on his video. Now later maybe about a day or two the same guy who said he left a sub and liked my content just unsubbed me?? so was he just trying to get an extra sub and then quickly unsub to me so that i wouldnt notice??

sometimes i get really annoyed with trolls or spammers....:mad:... -_-

so has this happened to you or something similar?

Conso1727

Pizza pasta mandolino videogiochi
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
It happened as well. Hide the comment and go on
Now, a first look at the channel might give an idea on what it's about, I'm sure there are some legit people out there. But most of the times, they are not.

Reactions: Faraz

Jawad Soomro

I'm a Human!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
I hate such type of comments, they just write these comments and COPY PASTE everywhere around the YouTube. I usually ignore them and I don't care if they even sub to me or unsub, I am just too awesome to shake them off.

Reactions: Faraz

Ninja

Professional Funny Guy
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator
Yeah it tends to happen a lot, especially with newer channels since people assume that they don't know any better and won't catch on. Your best course of action is to just ignore them.

Wolfieh

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Ranter, Gamer, Commentator, Designer, Animator
Those are known as spammers, they usually write something nice ate the beginning like "Hey dude I really love your videos, definitely subscribing you", usually they don't even sub you and even if they do they'll unsubscribe in matter of few days. And then the second part is "Could you pleas check me out and maybe subscribe?"... The way to prevent this is to just delete his comments from your videos, and if he keeps spamming them just block him from your channel, since you just started out I don't think you should take such an extreme step as turning your comments completely off just because of one person :)

Hope I helped at least a bit!

TheKirkyLife

The Real James T. Kirk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
By this stage I delete all comments which continually ask me to watch their stuff or do sub4sub. Quite frankly they don't deserve a place on my channel and, as this case shows, you can never trust that they'll follow through.

NuSpirit

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I just found myself recently being somewhat annoyed by it and recently I started just reporting messages like that instead of deleting. Sadly people somehow think I do Sub4Sub just because I gained a bit more subscribers than was mine average before :/

As I said before - it helps with numbers, but no one cares about zombie channel with ton of subscribers...

Tayo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So lately I've been seeing this a lot and getting more and more comments to do this.

I've always known what Sub4Sub is and I've always had the same thoughts on it; it's ridiculous.

Personally, I don't do sub4sub. I just said no to a commenter on my latest video who had told me to sub to them just because they subbed to me. I don't waste my time on that for many reasons:

-you're not getting active subscribers; people who actually want to watch your videos
-these people are only interested in numbers
-sub4sub doesn't get you any activity
-it's a cheap trick to get bigger

While I do understand that some people may be doing sub4sub because they're either new and don't understand it, or are desperate for more subscribers, I don't care for the people who do it because they want more numbers. That's basically what they see their fans as: numbers. I don't have patience or sympathy for YouTubers who spam others on any media to try and get more subs instead of trying to do something difference or improve themselves.

I'm on a few Gaming/YouTube groups on Facebook and I already know I'm going to leave some of them because EVERY SINGLE TIME I share a new video of mine, people self-promote themselves in the comments instead of actually giving honest, sincere feedback or support. Honestly, I would prefer they say my video sucks or say anything really besides just posting their own video under mine and not having a single thing to say about it. This might be different topic but I really just need to rant about that because it's becoming a serious pet-peeve now.

But that's that. Tell me your thoughts on Sub4Sub and what you think people should do instead!

toywithtoys

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I noticed that a lot of Russian or Ukranian channels love sub4sub. I don't even read Russian but they posted on my channel with Russian alphabets. I guess it is time to take Russian.