Stupid YouTube Thumbnails!

Michael Carlyle

The Active Member!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Reviewer
I know this can be annoying but, YouTube want to keep some features for Full YouTube partners...otherwise there would be no reason to be a Full YouTube Partner...

Maybe they could give 4 Thumbnails to choose from instead of 3 to 'Half partners' :p

the9one8

www.youtube.com/the9one8
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I think it should be more like funnyordie.com. They give you options on different screenshots. You can pick any screen shot you want contained in the video, but it must be a part of the video. Usually we have about 20-30 choices. Full youtube partners could retain their ability to customize a thumbnail as they like. At least that way it gives the rest of us a way to better represent the video with our thumbnails.

Reactions: Michael

VlogRays

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well I guess you guys will get the custom thumbnails sometime in the future. They did say they will eventually unlock all the full partner options to people who have monetized videos.

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I wouldnt mind seeing a choice of 20, surely there would be one good one out of 20 that we could use. At times I feel like reuploading and hoping for a better choice :D I think they didnt look so bad on the old layout but on the new one with the much larger thumbs a lot of them look awful.

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think Ray could easily make a "Thumbnails from Hell" series from them :D I honestly find most of my choices embarrassing and some of them I would say humiliating lol no one wants to have their mouth wide open, tongue sticking out and one eye shut as something that is meant to represent their video, their channel and themselves. I wonder how this goes down for the more businessy kind of channels, imagine being suited up, all smart doing a serious video about a company and looking like a right idiot on the thumb, but its the best one so you had to :D

Reactions: Kath