Struggling with this thumbnail. Help please?

GoldenLiz

Reaction score
Hello community. I've been looking at this thumbnail for a very long time now. At this point, I don't even know if it is good or bad. I need a fresh set of eyes!

I want to make the thumbnail clickable of course. I don't have a good, appealing picture of the renovated room that would not be so boring. And pictures of construction site are also not visually enticing. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Attachments

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Soo, I kinda see what you are going for, but I'm not sure if it works. The very pretty picture, combined with the black and yellow construction tape lines just don't really fit.. I would actually use either a construction site photo with those side bars or a photo of the finished room (with maybe a circle with a question mark on it to kinda conceal it) without the construction bars. It feels like you have two overlapping theme's going on, if you get what I mean.
I'm also not entirely sure about the photo. It feels very inserted, like it actually doesn't belong in the tumbnail. I would either cut out the head and overlap it with the picture or not use a photo of you at all.

Hope this helped!

Reactions: GoldenLiz

GoldenLiz

Reaction score
Soo, I kinda see what you are going for, but I'm not sure if it works. The very pretty picture, combined with the black and yellow construction tape lines just don't really fit.. [...]

Hope this helped!
There is a branding that I have to consider for the channel, and if you look at all my thumbnails, they have a style. I'm happy with the overall style for the channel.

But I do see what you are saying. Will consider what you said. Thank you.

Farley Productions

Pursuing the Arts one step at a time.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
To me I think the thumbnail works pretty well.
One change that I would think help would be to take out the picture in the bottom left and use a higher quality photo of said person and cut them out in the photo editor that you're choosing. That way it pops off more since people tend to click for the face more compared to the scenery. :O!

But other then that @Dutchie in England made some good points too. As long as it doesn't ruin the branding or theme of the video and/or channel. =] Otherwise keep it and keep up the good work. It looks nice.

Reactions: GoldenLiz

GoldenLiz

Reaction score
To me I think the thumbnail works pretty well.
One change that I would think help would be to take out the picture in the bottom left ........

But other then that @Dutchie in England made some good points too. As long as it doesn't ruin the branding or theme of the video and/or channel. =] Otherwise keep it and keep up the good work. It looks nice.
Thank you! That's a good idea.