Struggling recording and talking

XXXL Gamer

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I am currently making my videos (game play) and recording my voice using push to talk.
I am worried this is making my videos jerky (when I push to talk) and have long periods without any comments.

Should I try recording my video and then doing my voice over afterwards?

XXXL Gamer

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Very true, sometimes you need the simple things pointing out to you.

I will make it a lot easier to make the actual gameplay side of it then record the audio when I get chance.

Kush Patel

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Wait why are you using push to talk? Why don't you just record the whole time and mute the parts you want in editing. I just think that will create more fluid videos.

Loki Doki

Gaming Nerd and SEO Guru
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
don't record the audio afterwards, its usually very bad, you don't have the live commentary, no surprises, you know whats about to happen etc, push to talk is also not needed, just do what pretty much everyone does is just leave your mic open and talk as you play, much more natural and interesting. you can always edit out coughs and other random stuff

SmokeySpace

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Doing voice over after is always better bc you are more concentrated and can think about what you want to say more, also you can have notes aside and look at those while you are talking!