Strike expiration while pending counter notifications

SuperJoe123

Reaction score
Greetings! My channel has had a troll attacking it and I was wondering about strike expiring:

Strike 1 is set to expire on March 2 - I never did a counternotification because I thought it was an isolated thing

Then strike 2 happened, I filed a counter notification and should win it within the next week.

Then strike 3 happened, I filed another counter and should win that one too.

However, my question is.. When I got the email for strike 3, the email said my first strike will not expire while I have 3 strikes. When I win the counternotification, and go down to 2 strikes, will the first one expire on the original set date?

Anyone have any experience with this?

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I don't have any experience with letting strikes expire on their own, but I'm curious about something. How did you file a counter-notification when you have 3 strikes and have lost access to your channel? Did you submit one via email?

Reactions: SuperJoe123

SuperJoe123

Reaction score
I don't have any experience with letting strikes expire on their own, but I'm curious about something. How did you file a counter-notification when you have 3 strikes and have lost access to your channel? Did you submit one via email?
No my channel is still live. The only thing I can think of is Strike 2 was responded to quickly and the counternotification is pending. Here is what they said:

You now have 3 copyright strikes. As a result, your account is scheduled to be disabled in 7 days.

What to do next

Your channel will remain live for the next 7 days to allow you to seek a resolution and keep your channel up.

• If you believe you’re not at fault in one or more of the instances above, you can appeal by submitting a counternotification. Your account will not be terminated while your counter notification is in processing. Keep in mind that there may be severe legal consequences for submitting a counter notification with false information.
  • You can also contact the party that removed your video and ask them to retract their takedown.
During this time, you will not be able to upload new videos and strikes on your account will not expire.[DOUBLEPOST=1487706491,1487706419][/DOUBLEPOST]On the strikes 1 and 2 emails, it did not say anything about strikes not expiring...

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Interesting. I had 2 strikes back in October. Both had counter-notifications submitted and forwarded on to the claimant. One had 4 days to go before the video would be put back up. I got a claim on another video and did a simple dispute (not appeal) and they responded to that dispute by taking the video down. I learned about this the next morning because my channel was disabled and I couldn't do anything. I couldn't even look up the URL of the 3rd video to submit an email counter-notification. I had to wait 3 days until the 1st video came back up and my channel was reinstated before I could submit the counter-notification for the 3rd one. It was terrible because it took at least a week for my channel to get back up to the normal number of daily views.