Strike Algorithm is broken -> Automatic Streaming Ban

Oz By Drone

Reaction score
Hi YtTalk.

I have been establishing a regular weekly live stream talking about drones in Australia. I am not talking about a quick stream from a mobile phone - this is produced through Wirecast, with titling, and remote guests participating in the show.

In the early days, we got a community strike. I never got to know what the problem was - because I deleted the video BEFORE receiving the strike. No appeal was possible. LESSON: NEVER DELETE A VIDEO ON YOUTUBE.

I established a new brand account - and registered it against my wife's mobile to allow me to continue - and started letting people know of the new channel location. Today was to be Show #5. Had some great guests and content lined up.

Yesterday, I created the event in wirecast scheduled to start about 12 hours later so I could share the link on other platforms ahead of time to help promote etc. Seconds later, I received an automated community strike. Just to be clear, I did not upload any video. This was just an event listing.

In the email, I clicked the "appeal" button. It was broken. In the email, I clicked the link to see what "video" had caused the strike. The link on YouTube was broken. The only possible action was to accept the strike. And that means no streaming. Effectively, I have again had a channel take-down by an algorithm.

After accepting the strike - I did find a working appeal link... but so far, no response from youtube. And I am not yet big enough to be a partner, so I cannot get in touch with a human. Catch 22. Not big enough to get support, but I need support to re-open my channel to grow.

I recorded my experience in Camtasia - and I have uploaded it to youtube. (Yes, I can still upload - but it is live that is my market). I would appreciate feedback from others on what it is that I did wrong. I did post INFORMATIONAL links in the description - but no different to what I see across MANY youtube channels.

I do have a YT link, but I guess I am blocked from linking media as a new user. Anyone that is geeky enough, my video ID is 1RwPEynH3UU ... if I get video post rights later, I will update this post.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Oz By Drone

Reaction score
The title was "Oz By Drone Live"... which is the name of the show. The tags were empty. Someone - tell me what I have done wrong!?

Oz By Drone

Reaction score
Been a couple of days - Still blocked by YouTube from streaming. I am keen to know what I can do. I have posted to the youtube forums, I have appealed the ban. No response from Youtube anywhere.