Streaming - YouTube or Twitch?

Hell

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Ranter, Commentator
I used to be able to upload a video every week or so. Ever since becoming a college student, I've only been able to have the time to make a video once a month. This is something I want to avoid.

I've been thinking about doing small streams on weekends for weeks where I don't have a lot of time to make a video. The problem is I either make my videos on my friends computer or my iPad since I don't have a computer myself. I can't have my friends laptop every weekend so I'll have to find a way around this.

A few weeks ago, I test steamed to YouTube for an hour. I used to my phone to screen record and my iPad to check the live stream and reply to comments. I found it quite difficult to use as a lot of the YouTube features where on the screen and viewers could see them.

I know that twitch is a good streaming service but because I use my phone/iPad I don't know if I even can stream to twitch or if it will be difficult.

So I want to ask you. Should I save up to buy a computer and use twitch? Should I stick to streaming YouTube? Is there another good option for streaming on phone/iPad? Should I sack the idea of streaming all together?

Thank you :)

Psychotic Squirrel

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
ultimately you are going to need your own computer. save up and buy one then try both platforms and see which one you like better.

Reactions: Hell

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the recording / editing / production / hardware forum. :)

IceTwig

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
if you're aiming to become a streamer, switch to Twitch. Although I don't think you can use it with your phone. if you want to stream occasionally and mostly focus on video making, stick with youtube. Streaming with youtube can still build sub count and draw attention to your channel.

Be warned though, streaming on youtube can be a double edged sword. Yes it can bring you new subs and viewer, but it can also get you a whole lot of subs that only come t your streams and completely ignore the videos (happened to me that way). Some fans will actually stick around and enjoy both though.

on a last note, definitely get your own computer if you want to stream or make videos, it makes life way easier.

CrashCraze

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I agree with the above! At first I was using an old laptop to make my videos and I struggled bad to stream! I find Twitch easy to use but thats just because I never gave it a go at streaming on youtube! Having a computer really changes the game up for you in terms of what you can do! It also doesn't have to be extremely costly! Good luck!

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I can't really steam on Twitch with my bandwidth but found that YouTube's streaming is a lot better and doesn't seem to sap my internet. However, getting the viewers on either platform is another story.