Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

Strategies to properly tags in YouTube.

Discussion in 'Strategies & Technique Advice' started by Shyam Sharma, Oct 7, 2017.

1. Shyam Sharma
    Cash:
    $21
    Dear all,

I am going to ask you guys whether there are certain ways of tagging and whether there are certain tactics to increase the amount of video views a video gets via YouTube.

Thanks Again

2. KatyAdelson
    I Love YTtalk Moderator
    Cash:
    $4,145
    I've moved this to the strategy / technique advice forum. ^_^

Shyam Sharma likes this.
  3. JuriKaGaming
    Cash:
    $44
    This is a very deep subject and there are loads of articles, books, youtube videos and blogs that tackle the subject. It all keeps changing as well, so information from last year, while still valuable, is less relevant now.

Since it would be impossible to type out everything I've read, watched and learned I'll try to give some key tips:

• Look up "YouTube SEO" and go from there. SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization
    • YouTube buddy is a tool you can download to help give you some ideas for tags (it's free but also has a paid plan)
    • One important thing is to always give your video a short to the point title. Use the keywords from that title in your filename, your description and your tags.
    • When making a video, think of what you would type into google/youtube to find that video. Check the search results and how competitive they are. When checking out a video on youtube, Tubebuddy will show you the tags that video is using. This can be very useful.
    Hope this helps!

Shyam Sharma and Frisky Brisket like this.
  4. MangakaDeniz
    Cash:
    $4
    I have a question, i think better ask here than make a new topic. I wonder, do title and description work like tags? do i need to add them to tags or they already work like tags when someone searched?

Shyam Sharma likes this.
  5. JuriKaGaming
    Cash:
    $44
    I'm by no means an expert on the topic as I'm still learning every day about YouTube SEO. But from what I've gathered: titles, description, tags, filename all work together to make your video easier to find.

I believe it's good practise to make sure they all "work together". With that I mean that you use keywords from your title in your description, in your tags, and so on.

Frisky Brisket likes this.
  6. MangakaDeniz
    Cash:
    $4
    Okay if i have space on tags i will add title on it :) thanks

Shyam Sharma likes this.
  7. Frisky Brisket
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $99
    Dude! I totally didn't even know about YouTube buddy. That sounds pretty sweet. I'll have to slide on over and do a Google search to check it out. Thanks for sharing your insights and knowledge on the subject my friend. It's really helpful! and thank you to the original poster for asking this question so that I could obtain these cool tips.

Take care my dudes! :).

Shyam Sharma likes this.
  8. Gamayun
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $89
    Making good flashy title is more important then tags. Tags just bond videos on your channel but do not getting you to be recommended on the big channels .

Shyam Sharma likes this.
  9. Noobzilla
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $361
    Tags are a very small piece of the puzzle, don't overthink them. Use your time more efficiently on titles and descriptions

Shyam Sharma likes this.
  10. Boris Qs
    Loving YTtalk
    Cash:
    $138
    Here is the way I follow
    1) Make a search for on the topic of a video I want to make on youtube. In the process youtube will suggest keywords that others are using to search for the type of video I want to make.
    2) I select one of the suggested phrases as my video title...(Research before creating your videos)
    3) Upload and Optimize
    Thats where the answer to this question comes in
    Optimizing the description box by including the video Title and related words.
    For the tags That's where in my opinion you can use the related phrases from any tool like tubebuddy, and other keyword suggestion tools. Don't forget however to include the exact Video Title again as one of the tags.

Hope that helps