Strangest Convo With a Sub4subber?

CristyTango

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian
i just had one hit me up in my Instagram and I was actually pretty nice to her although it annoys the Fuuuuudgeeee (only I didn’t say fudge) out of me.

(See attached image)

Why? Because I didn’t appreciate your bullcrap copy and paste you sent me (said: ommmmggggggg wanna support each other’s channels?”) ?
Because I was kind and complimented you and said you are capable of accomplishing things?
Or because I WONT blindly sub to you and called you out on your crap?

Hmmmmm.
People... What was your strangest encounter with a sub4subber?

Attachments

daniel burgio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I just get people that drop in, comment on my videos and try to keep them relevant, and then suddenly stop lol. It's so obvious they're trying to get me to sub back or something... On Twitch I get followers that will follow and then unfollow after 12 hours or so if I don't follow back. I hate that aspect of social media so much. I guess one weird thing I did have happen was one person jumped in on my Youtube stream and asked if it was ok to self promote. Their discord link or whatever was their name lol. OH, and I had this one girl jump in and start talking about how she was the best singer, was better than beyonce, and insisted we check her out. A guy in my chat and I called her out and she denied what she was doing and pretended like she was actually watching just to avoid the obvious fact. The acts of desperation people resort to are disgusting.

Destroyer30i6

I've Got It
Reaction score
I never so Sub4Sub.. it is the most pointless thing ever, for both parties.. I see so many Sub4Sub channels that have hundreds of subscribers, and each video only have 10's of views.. when someone who stubbles across your channel and see that they aren't going to watch your videos because low views and high subs look bad.

I am all for helping each other, but there are better ways to do it.
  1. Giving each other constructive feedback on videos and the channel
  2. Collabs
  3. Shout outs
  4. Advice
The list goes on...

people are racing to get subs when really views are initially more important, Subs should be a reflection/indicator that people actually want to stick around and watch your content.. it shouldn't be a "Look I have 1000 subs but no one watches my videos... but it's ok because I have subs"...

Jeff

Hey There!
Reaction score
Not only is it useless, but YouTube has also addressed this issue directly by making "Sub4sub" or anything of the like against TOS. --> community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/5998

Galore

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't see the point in asking people to sub4sub, I would honestly feel 100x better if my channel grew huge organically.

2SERZ_Gaming

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
hey,well they are the most useless , lazy , needy persons in life , i hope some yt channels can extinct because the sub4sub and the c**** content with no good title or even thumbnail people need to understand that engaging and making some good content that people enjoy ,posting and talking with people , put effort in videos is the best thing to grow a channel, it's hard but achievable if they want :)