Still inswcure ane shy behind the camera?

filipaschannel

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Time changes it for you to be honest. I see differences from my first to last video because after a while is just something you do as cooking, for example. The first times we do it we are scared of failing but then once you know you're a pro! Nothing betters without practice :) b3st of the luck xx

darkstarmedia

Words are great.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Hey YTers,

Any tips for getting over "stage fright"?

I have NEVER felt comfortable in front of a camera until very recently (about a year ago) and I finally racked up the confidence to start my channel.. Nevertheless, I still feel uncomfortable talking to the camera sometimes. When i playback, I tend to rerecord a lot because I dislike the way I look or sound.. It drives me up the wall sometimes but I just don't know how to get over this insecurity! Tips, tricks, stories?

Thanks guys!
Believe me, it's a long and arduous process but I promise you that you are in fact getting somewhere with it!

I used to have the exact same problem; I've never particularly been enamoured with the sound of my own voice but I find that after editing and filming for an extended period of time, it becomes almost like background noise as your focus shifts towards getting decent content out there rather than how you think you come across.
I am excessively paranoid, so a lot of my earlier stuff was scrapped or redone time and time again because I got it into my head that people would have a problem with my way of speaking. Turns out, they usually don't care. They're concentrating on what you're talking about and what substance your videos hold - if your voice or mannerisms are ever that much of an issue, they'll bring it up - and it probably won't be half as bad as you thought.

TL;DR: You're not alone, you're getting there, just keep going.

maarcnig

itsLIT!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It's hard to get used to recording yourself. It's mostly the though of trying to be perfect because you know that other people will be watching you. Honestly just be yourself and have people fall in-love with who you are. It's more so... if you're putting on a fake act there's no point to it (not that I'm saying you are). Where I'm getting at is be comfortable, be free :) People will love you. I, too feel uncomfortable time to time, but I've learn to accept that it's ok to be silly and say whatever that's on my mind as long as it doesn't offend any of my viewers/anyone. Heh, good luck!

ItsMegan2

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I used to have the same problem but I discovered that what works for me is writing out a list of things that I want to talk about in the video (not a script just a guide) so I can refer back to it while filming and I don't have long periods of silences where I'm feeling awkward trying to figure out what to say.