ChargunHD

The FawX is on the Hunt
Reaction score
Website
www.twitch.tv
Channel Type
Gamer
Alright so heres the deal.

After 3 years of absence from YouTube due to life's bumpy road I am back doing YouTube videos and more motivated than ever, got a couple of videos up already and also have a series I recently started. One of the videos I recently uploaded is about whether or not to keep my channel name.

I created my channel back in 2011 and gave myself the name "
CharlieGFX" because my name is Charlie and at the time I was really into graphic design (Photoshop) and decided to roll with the name.

Now that I am older, more mature (I think), have a new outlook on everything and have new recording equipment I feel like "
CharlieGFX" is dead and I want to bring the new me forward to my channel.

So do you guys think I should stick with my original channel name or do would a name change work for my channel?

Hendrik Kapp

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
CharlieGFX is a catchy name and easy to remember, I say it will come down to personal choice. I like that name.

Reactions: ChargunHD

ChargunHD

The FawX is on the Hunt
Reaction score
Website
www.twitch.tv
Channel Type
Gamer
CharlieGFX is a catchy name and easy to remember, I say it will come down to personal choice. I like that name.
The only reason I don't want to use it is because I made the username when I was like 16 years old and now that I'm 22 I feel like its a silly name.

Thanks for the suggestion though (Y).

Rafij Rahman Rohan

Be Yourself
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Maybe you can choose some professional name like (EX:MasterGFX,GFXzone etc)....or instead of charlie you can use a new random user name :)

Reactions: ChargunHD

ChargunHD

The FawX is on the Hunt
Reaction score
Website
www.twitch.tv
Channel Type
Gamer
Maybe you can choose some professional name like (EX:MasterGFX,GFXzone etc)....or instead of charlie you can use a new random user name :)
See heres the catch, I don't do anything relating to graphic design anymore, its an interest yeah but not a part of who I am which is why I want the name change. I don't want the GFX in there because I'm not a GFX artist.

Reactions: Rafij Rahman Rohan

Marky Sparks

I've Got It
Reaction score
Well whats the new name gonna be? I think if you want to change you should!

Rafij Rahman Rohan

Be Yourself
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
See heres the catch, I don't do anything relating to graphic design anymore, its an interest yeah but not a part of who I am which is why I want the name change. I don't want the GFX in there because I'm not a GFX artist.
Oh! sorry bro,so what's kind of video you want to make on your channel like gaming,tech or anything else.So I can suggest you a name based on your channel category :)

ChargunHD

The FawX is on the Hunt
Reaction score
Website
www.twitch.tv
Channel Type
Gamer
Well whats the new name gonna be? I think if you want to change you should!
Well I'm not sure what game your talking about so I can't really answer that, I feel like I want to change it but I don't know how its going to affect my current channel, its views or its rankings and whether or not its a good idea, I'm afraid of the name change going in a negative way and want YTTalks advice on whether or not its a good idea.

Of course I want to do it, I just don't know if its a good idea.

Oh! sorry bro,so what's kind of video you want to make on your channel like gaming,tech or anything else.So I can suggest you a name based on your channel category :)
My channel is going to be Log & Gaming based. Doing some videos where I talk about whats been going on in my life or my experiences in life to regular gaming content which I'm doing now with my DOOM playthrough.

I could probably think of a name myself if I sit and ponder about it long enough, I just need to know from other YouTubers if its a good idea.

Rafij Rahman Rohan

Be Yourself
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My channel is going to be Log & Gaming based. Doing some videos where I talk about whats been going on in my life or my experiences in life to regular gaming content which I'm doing now with my DOOM playthrough.

I could probably think of a name myself if I sit and ponder about it long enough, I just need to know from other YouTubers if its a good idea.
Then in this case I will recommended you to choose some random name like we see bigger youtuber pewdiepie,jacksepticeye etc.If you want to gaming a random username can work much better than any other :)

Scandinavian Freckles

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think the name is awesome as it is !! Obviously changing it is your choice but remember to do it before you start posting videos for real because if you just suddenly change your name people might get confused !!