static tv/shaky video effect?

talitha

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Hey guys, I am currently in the process of making a new music video and for the start of the song i was wondering how does one go about the static/ Tv effect like if you look at Natalia Kills- controversy that type of effect where the image moves and does than 'credit' type effect.
I don't know what it's called and also is there anyway to get it on Windows Movie Maker?
This isn't like a legit music video like the one on my YouTube- Drake Headlines Remix, however just a shcool project.

Much appreciated

ItsTehShadow

YTtalk's Purple Enthusiast!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator
Hey guys, I am currently in the process of making a new music video and for the start of the song i was wondering how does one go about the static/ Tv effect like if you look at Natalia Kills- controversy that type of effect where the image moves and does than 'credit' type effect.
I don't know what it's called and also is there anyway to get it on Windows Movie Maker?
This isn't like a legit music video like the one on my YouTube- Drake Headlines Remix, however just a shcool project.

Much appreciated
Looks to me like a mask around the person and a simple overlay behind that. You would need the overlay file and a program that can have multiple tracks. I don't know if Movie Maker can do that but if you can, place your video on one track, and put the overlay above and adjust the opacity a bit.

Here's that glitchy affect I used on one of my videos:

gamefront.com/files/21439859/Glitch+Overlay.wmv

(add the start of the url first)

TheSuperFunArt

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
If you go on youtube and type in "royalty free static tv" you can get some that you can use. To download it. Use online websites to download audio/ video.