Starting with gaming

huxaze

Reaction score
Hello, YTtalk I am new here and have a question right away :)

I would like to produce gaming videos and put them on youtube and so on. I have a couple of problems currently. I dont have my own internet I have neighbours wifi. I have very weak PC, I get about 100 FPS in cod2. And a couple more problems, but I really want to get started and moving.

For start I would like to make some cod2 videos as I would cut the parts where it lags, and it does often. Does anyone know how to make cod2 videos? I have recorded a gameplay with in game recording ( /record_demo001 ) but how can I make a videos out of this now?

Also you think that would get any viewers at all, considering cod2 is very very old? I cant really play any other game that I want like battlefield, etc. because of my PC and internet.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Hello, YTtalk I am new here and have a question right away :)

I would like to produce gaming videos and put them on youtube and so on. I have a couple of problems currently. I dont have my own internet I have neighbours wifi. I have very weak PC, I get about 100 FPS in cod2. And a couple more problems, but I really want to get started and moving.

For start I would like to make some cod2 videos as I would cut the parts where it lags, and it does often. Does anyone know how to make cod2 videos? I have recorded a gameplay with in game recording ( /record_demo001 ) but how can I make a videos out of this now?

Also you think that would get any viewers at all, considering cod2 is very very old? I cant really play any other game that I want like battlefield, etc. because of my PC and internet.

Welcome. :)

Moved to the recording / editing / production / software / hardware forum. :)

To add an avatar (optional but recommended) -> http://yttalk.com/account/avatar

Reactions: huxaze

bigattck

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
i don't think COD2 is popular because it doesn't have players. Paying for online multiplayer doesn't seem great when it's free on other COD games (also more players). I know what you mean when you can't play the newest games, so maybe try playing something else or play retro games.

Oh i know. Why not a series on offline games to play, rarely anyone does it and it is great because it doesn't need internet. Make a channel about offline games, that idea is gold.

huxaze

Reaction score
i don't think COD2 is popular because it doesn't have players. Paying for online multiplayer doesn't seem great when it's free on other COD games (also more players). I know what you mean when you can't play the newest games, so maybe try playing something else or play retro games.

Oh i know. Why not a series on offline games to play, rarely anyone does it and it is great because it doesn't need internet. Make a channel about offline games, that idea is gold.
Hey, thanks for the idea seems doable with current things that I got :) What you think as single players with commentary or just pure gameplay with no commentary?

GameVestment

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
I believe YouTube is considering gameplays without commentary duplication so I would totally recommend you to do some commentary. You can record and upload whatever you want if that makes you happy... but if you want my advice as a gaming channel I would say is always better to create content about popular games or things are people looking for. You can start doing videos on that game if you need to practice in editing and all that!

Great luck with your channel and have a great day!

huxaze

Reaction score
I believe YouTube is considering gameplays without commentary duplication so I would totally recommend you to do some commentary. You can record and upload whatever you want if that makes you happy... but if you want my advice as a gaming channel I would say is always better to create content about popular games or things are people looking for. You can start doing videos on that game if you need to practice in editing and all that!

Great luck with your channel and have a great day!
Thank you very much for the reply.

Would like to ask what did this channel do to avoid getting banned or videos removed, he just play single player of videos with in game sound: youtube.com/watch?v=C1fhRNKactM

GameVestment

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Thank you very much for the reply.

Would like to ask what did this channel do to avoid getting banned or videos removed, he just play single player of videos with in game sound: youtube.com/watch?v=C1fhRNKactM
Youtube won't ban you for uploading those type of videos. They simple will deny monetisation. He's an old channel, 7 years old. That doesn't keep him safe, if YouTube reviews his channel again (which they said they will be doing, every YouTuber will receive periodic reviews to make sure everything is in order) they will just remove monetisation from his channel and they will call it duplication. Is just a matter of time by now.

Here is the policy if you wanna know more:
"Without the appropriate license from the publisher, use of video game or software user interface must be minimal. Video game content may be monetized if the associated step-by-step commentary is strictly tied to the live action being shown and provides instructional or educational value" Source: Support Google

huxaze

Reaction score
Youtube won't ban you for uploading those type of videos. They simple will deny monetisation. He's an old channel, 7 years old. That doesn't keep him safe, if YouTube reviews his channel again (which they said they will be doing, every YouTuber will receive periodic reviews to make sure everything is in order) they will just remove monetisation from his channel and they will call it duplication. Is just a matter of time by now.

Here is the policy if you wanna know more:
"Without the appropriate license from the publisher, use of video game or software user interface must be minimal. Video game content may be monetized if the associated step-by-step commentary is strictly tied to the live action being shown and provides instructional or educational value" Source: Support Google
Got it, thank you very much for explaining :)

theQi

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I am very old to gaming, and I am low spec PC gamer, I will tell you some games to start from:
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (Call of Duty: 4) - I play it since 2012..
25 To Life - Good old gangsta' game. It is worthy of doing a walktrough.
Max Payne - I think you can find series 2 & 3 really cheap. It is worthy playing and recording.
Fallout - I don't even have to say that you must do a recording of this game.
Mafia 1, 2 - You must do a walktrough of Mafia.
Godfather I, Godfather II - Same as Mafia, for me it is much better.
Dishonored - Mine favourite game. Best quality, good optimization. Worth playing!
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - You can do some deliveries and record that, with reaction.
If you need more just ask me. I remembered this because I bought some of these games, this week, and believe me, they're OLD, but GOLD!
Cheers buddy!