Starting over on YouTube?

KerrysWorld

Reaction score
Website
www.YouTube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
we are still so saddened and confused as to why our YouTube channel was taken down without explanation. we are a couple that made vlogs together.

alas it is what it is right now.

we are thinking of starting up again under management of the other person now in a slightly rebranded channel.

could I get opinions on what people’s thoughts are on doing this?

thank you so much

Reactions: Rehannah

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It is a good idea IMO. But of course it sucks to start over and I think Youtube at least owe you an explanation but I´m not sure you wil get any. Best of luck with it

Reactions: KerrysWorld

KerrysWorld

Reaction score
Website
www.YouTube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
It is a good idea IMO. But of course it sucks to start over and I think Youtube at least owe you an explanation but I´m not sure you wil get any. Best of luck with it
Thank you so much for the inspiration. I’m concerned YouTube will see us on there and think ‘oh it’s them, let’s ban them’ just by recognising us. Am I getting OTT?

Genuine concern as I plan to pay for ads

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Do you have any idea of why you got banned in the first place?

AlexTries

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
I believe i was ‘too interactive’. Commenting too much and replying top much for comments I received!
That shouldn't be the reason, in fact youtube likes seeing their creators interact with their audience haha. Sorry that happened, they really should give you an explanation. I wouldn't give up though and I'd try again. They wouldn't ban you again instantly if you made another account since there are too many youtubers for them to keep track of and remember.

Reactions: KerrysWorld

KerrysWorld

Reaction score
Website
www.YouTube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
That shouldn't be the reason, in fact youtube likes seeing their creators interact with their audience haha. Sorry that happened, they really should give you an explanation. I wouldn't give up though and I'd try again. They wouldn't ban you again instantly if you made another account since there are too many youtubers for them to keep track of and remember.
Thanks for the quick reply!
We both feel so downhearted by the whole thing. Even paranoid that if we make a new account we’ll get accused of fraud or something

honestly it would be great to get an idea of comment limits because I’m sure that must be the reason. In fairness we did make a lot of comments on people’s videos. we just got a bit.. addicted!

I’m reassured that you say YouTube won’t remember us. I Don’t like to deceive, but I think the fear for me at least is that if we start paying for adverts again, that when we reach 4000 watch hours, YouTube will review us and think we’re back lol.
And we just can’t afford to pay all that money for this to happen

cbpayne

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
If you have a channel banned/terminated, then you are not permitted to open another. It is a violation of the terms and conditions.
As soon as "security" make the link to the new channel, it too will be terminated.

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
In fairness we did make a lot of comments on people’s videos. we just got a bit.. addicted!
Do you mean you commented on other peoples videos asking to sub4sub/check out your channel? Because that could have led YT to think you are a spammer, especially when the Youtubers on the receiving end reported those messages as spam.