Starting a new YouTube channel?

Bonksz

Reaction score
Hey guys, just wanted some feedback on what I'm thinking of doing. I've had a YouTube channel for a few years. Mostly skateboarding and a little gaming here and there. But lately ive been having fun doing stop motion animation. I just got a computer that can handle gaming as well. I was thinking of doing a channel that has both things I enjoy. Do you think it's a good idea for two different types of content within one channel? Let me know what you guys think :)

Reactions: UhoohExtra

Seansie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Hey there! Will the animations have any connection to the gaming? Like will they be based on games/game characters in any way?

Bonksz

Reaction score
Hey there! Will the animations have any connection to the gaming? Like will they be based on games/game characters in any way?
As of right now no, I only got anime figures for the animations so it's more so going fight sequences and skits unless I can find a way to incorporate gaming into the animations as well.

Last edited:

Seansie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
As of right now no, I only got anime figures for the animations so it's more so going fight sequences and skits unless I can find a way to incorporate gaming into the animations as well.
Hmm that’s a bit of a tricky one. I’d say keep them to two different channels, but I also can see them being on one. I currently have an animation channel that also has other stuff intermixed. However, I try to relate all my videos so they at least have some consistency between them (which doesn’t always work out). So on the one hand I can see it being easier to organize content on two separate channels, I also personally haven’t had too much trouble handling two topics on the same channel. Maybe ask yourself some questions: would you ever find a way to connect them? Do you think your audience (the age group, interests, etc.) would be interested in both? What would you name the channel if it were both? Etc.

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
How many subs and views do you have on your channel (your link does not work)?
If you already have a strong viewer base it will make a good platform to launch your animation videos on.
If on the other hand the channel is still quite small (a hundred subs or so) then you may as well start a new channel dedicated to stop motion animation.

Reactions: Crown

Bonksz

Reaction score
Hmm that’s a bit of a tricky one. I’d say keep them to two different channels, but I also can see them being on one. I currently have an animation channel that also has other stuff intermixed. However, I try to relate all my videos so they at least have some consistency between them (which doesn’t always work out). So on the one hand I can see it being easier to organize content on two separate channels, I also personally haven’t had too much trouble handling two topics on the same channel. Maybe ask yourself some questions: would you ever find a way to connect them? Do you think your audience (the age group, interests, etc.) would be interested in both? What would you name the channel if it were both? Etc.
Yeah that is true, I'm going to have to think it through a bit and see what would be the best decision

How many subs and views do you have on your channel (your link does not work)?
If you already have a strong viewer base it will make a good platform to launch your animation videos on.
If on the other hand the channel is still quite small (a hundred subs or so) then you may as well start a new channel dedicated to stop motion animation.
I have 275 subs on my channel, that's why I was thinking it would be better just to start new and go ahead and have a consistent upload schedule to keep the channel active