Starting A Gaming Channel?

Talooka

Weirdo With a Beardo
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Other
I'm guessing that this goes here because it says planning.
The other day I finally got time to play a game for the first time in 3 months and in the middle of me playing one of my friends came over (the game was FarCry3 btw). He was laughing the whole time and said that I should start a gaming channel like PewDiePie (the only YT gamer he knows).

SO, my question is what's the best way to approach this? It's already hard to keep at my pace of 1 video a week on my main channel, so should I wait to start my gaming channel? Or should I just start it and only upload whenever I can make a video? And if I DO decide to start it now, what kind of games are the best to start with that won'y get taken down?

Lol I know it's a lot of questions, but just answer whatever you feel like answering :D

Reactions: DT Black Hawk

unknown_user0032

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
It never hurts to make a couple of practice videos. Also the joy of gaming commentary is that unless you are talking about topical things, they're kind of timeless so you can always make videos in advance (I only have one day a week to record, but currently have about 3 weeks of videos scheduled)

Ghost OOKami

Hard Drive
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
If your going to start a gaming channel its best to set a schedual. That way your subscribers will know when you usually upload a video. Best games to start out with? Indie games usually, Minecraft is good to since Mojang allows uploading.

Reactions: DT Black Hawk

DT Black Hawk

I <3 YTtalk Crazy Gamer & Commentator HUGE Helper
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
If your just starting out and want some reviews there's a different section in the milestones thread. But as for starting a channel as long as you have some interesting gameplay with commentary or reviews I'm always interested! Goodluck man! And ya got some good stuff there^^ haha

KGATV

YASSS
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer
It's best to be on a schedule, but it never hurts to try it out :) And if you are having trouble with a schedule, record multiple episode lengths in one sitting. You can get 3-4 or more episodes recorded, and ready to go on a nice schedule.

Reactions: Talooka

Chase Butler

Filmmaker - Vlogger
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I would first make a couple videos on your main channel and see how it goes :D I have a gaming channel that I make videos on every day and it goes quite well. Some times what I do is take advantage of the "Scheduled Upload" wich bassicaly uploads your video but uploads it unlisted and then at a time you choose it goes live and sends it to all of your subscribers sub boxes, that way you can record like a few videos once a week and then have them go live thru out the week :D

Reactions: TheAsasaint

Talooka

Weirdo With a Beardo
Reaction score
Channel Type
Thanks guys, lots of motivation here lol :p I'll probably start it next week, make an intro and stuff, and start with some Indie games and see how it goes from there :D

And ya got some good stuff there^^ haha
Lol thanks :D

Kanashimi

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yeah, luckily you can play an hour of a video game and get a few videos out of that. So even if your play time isn't a lot, then you have a lot of material for a buffer.

Talooka

Weirdo With a Beardo
Reaction score
Channel Type
So wait, 2 more questions:

1- Whats a good software for recording games on the computer?
2- Where's a good place to find free indie games?