Starting a channel with 3 videos?

mikeliveslife

Reaction score
Hey guys, I want to ask you if it's a good idea to launch a channel with 3 videos (upload them in the same day). I've heard podcast are doing it this way, so that when people come to the podcast they have a better idea what the podcast is about. So I was wondering, maybe its a good idea for na YT channel?

Reactions: Ocean Chan

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
I don't know anything about your channel, so take this comment with a pinch of salt:

One of the keys to having a successful YouTube channel is consistency, and it is advisable to have a regular upload schedule. If you already have 3 videos that are ready to upload I would be inclined to upload them one at a time over a 3 week period. This approach will give your initial subscribers a sense that you are serious about what you do and worth staying with, and it will give you a 3 week period to work on your next videos.

If you have time and are ambitious enough you might even prefer to post your videos every other day over a one week period. The result will be the same, and you have a week to prepare your next three videos.

Hope this helps.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've moved this to the strategy / technique advice forum. ^_^

Sootiro

Reaction score
I uploaded maybe 30 videos before i started trying to get out there .

WoodenRailwayStudio

Youtube - for fun and profit!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
No harm in uploading several videos to kick off your channel however, it is best to space them out. Be sure you optimize each one with great titles, a long description, and tags that tie into the title and description. Always have one of the tags be the name of your channel so the Youtube spider ties your videos together and as your channel becomes better known, it will be found should someone search for your videos by using the channel's name.

Ocean Chan

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't know anything about your channel, so take this comment with a pinch of salt:

One of the keys to having a successful YouTube channel is consistency, and it is advisable to have a regular upload schedule. If you already have 3 videos that are ready to upload I would be inclined to upload them one at a time over a 3 week period. This approach will give your initial subscribers a sense that you are serious about what you do and worth staying with, and it will give you a 3 week period to work on your next videos.

If you have time and are ambitious enough you might even prefer to post your videos every other day over a one week period. The result will be the same, and you have a week to prepare your next three videos.

Hope this helps.
I agree! that's potentially 3 weeks worth of content! You need time to make a youtube channel work - you can't give up all your material in one go!

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What will your upload schedule be after these first 3 videos? If you are only planning on weekly uploads I would suggest starting with your schedule straight from the off.
If you are planning on uploading 3 videos every day. Go for it.

mikeliveslife

Reaction score
What will your upload schedule be after these first 3 videos? If you are only planning on weekly uploads I would suggest starting with your schedule straight from the off.
If you are planning on uploading 3 videos every day. Go for it.
I was actually looking to upload 3 videos per week. I was thinking that if theres allready 3videos or more content then just 1 video people will be more inclined to stay and wait for more content. I guess communicating to people about my upload schedule would work in a simillar way.
Just a thought, thanks for all the replies tho.

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So after the initial 3 on day one will you be uploading 3 further through the week (So 6 vids in first week)? Or leave it a week then go to 3 uploads per week thereafter?

mikeliveslife

Reaction score
So after the initial 3 on day one will you be uploading 3 further through the week (So 6 vids in first week)? Or leave it a week then go to 3 uploads per week thereafter?
sorry for not replying had to repair my computer. Uploading 3vids/week that would be tuesday, thursday and saturday. If I would be launching a channel with 3 vids on tuesday and then stick to just 1 vid per that scheduled day.