Starting a channel when theres loads similar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellie

I've Got It
Reaction score
Hiya i am wanting to start a new makeup channel because thats where i specialize, i am great at applying makeup professionally and know a lot about it and would love to share what i know on youtube but theres something stopping me. There are hundreds of beauty gurus on there and theyre all very popular, so i guess im asking is it worth it when theres loads already? umm thats all i can say really thanks

Reactions: futbol247

iDastardly

I've Got It
Reaction score
Thats the internet for you everything has been done before. Look at google doing the new like system and the social network too. Its the same but reinvented and even though that doesnt sound good, people seem to like it. You can apply that to your videos in many ways, everything has been done before, try to make a twist on it or change things up so its not identical and you will have a winner. I do gaming vids and look how many there is lol

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I would go for it personally as iDastardly said everything has been done before more or less. If you make yours different as much as possible and dont make a complete copy of another video then your viewers will probably be happy. I know I have seen many petty comments about people copying when the person who "originally" made it actually technically could have copied from another hundred or so places so if anyone says things like that just ignore it :) Best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.