Sports gaming commentaries less notcied?

TheGentlemenTV

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Anybody got some good tips for those who commentate sports gaming videos such as NBA 2K, Madden, NHL, Nascar, etc. As a 2k commentator I have found it increasingly more difficult to get views when I commentate sports games, than when I do games such as minecraft. I feel that, as it is with all genres, the superpower channels take much of the views from us little guys (Ipodkingcarter, Chris Smoove, Shake4ndBake, Johnny Superbman, etc.) I think the best way to get ourselves noticed as a whole, is to work as a team to get each other better. Post your ideas here on how we can make our own channels better! Not specific to one channel, but in general tips you have learned in the past through experience!

Unknown_User12

Account Closed
Reaction score
FIFA is HUGE dude. NBA is getting there, same with Madden. NHL isn't because the game hasn't changed in years. Honestly, don't blame the "big guys" for stealing views. They established their channel and audience faster. All you can do is try to be better or try and work with them[DOUBLEPOST=1366671028,1366670984][/DOUBLEPOST]
I dunno I've seen one or two FIFA channels get REALLY popular.
There are quite a few, KSI is one, Calfreezy and MattHD as well

Reactions: TheGentlemenTV

TheGentlemenTV

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I dunno I've seen one or two FIFA channels get REALLY popular.
Really? I'd love to check them out! At my old network where I used to be a director I worked with hundred of sports commentators who were worked up and frustrated that they weren't getting views! I tought I could help those on this forum having trouble as well, along with getting some tips for myself as well. I agree with you though many people have found great success! Mostly those with true dedication and patience to their videos. Patience is the key to getting successful, and if I had it maybe I would be hahaha!

Gamify

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
FIFA is up there!

KSI for example who is almost at 2 million subscribers!

TheGentlemenTV

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
FIFA is HUGE dude. NBA is getting there, same with Madden. NHL isn't because the game hasn't changed in years. Honestly, don't blame the "big guys" for stealing views. They established their channel and audience faster. All you can do is try to be better or try and work with them
I don't think blame is the right word, I was just saying how a lot of us live in the shadow of more successful youtubers. And I agree 110% that they deserve it! These dudes work their tails off just to get one video up, then have to repeat that 3 times a day. Fifa has been growing, but a still a lot of dudes left in the rough, I will agree though that internationally that has taken the throne as the biggest game to commentate. I'm glad to see guys commentating Fifa having success though, gives a lot of hope to other sports commentators like me!

BenL3e

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Ranter
Personally i hate sports gaming commentaries,i rather see minecraft than NBA,just my two cents :)

TheGentlemenTV

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Personally i hate sports gaming commentaries,i rather see minecraft than NBA,just my two cents :)
An opinion is an opinion and I respect that. But a lot of people who like sports like me want to see their channels grow more. I think Minecraft commentators have a huge audience already, so I'm trying to spread exposure for sports![DOUBLEPOST=1366683648,1366682044][/DOUBLEPOST]Anybody got more tips? I hope we can get a great discussion going here, if not I'll be real sad though :(((