Sponsorships

GhostRSA

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Last night I was watching one of my favourite gamers doing an office tour showing us all his stuff including his insanely impressive PC... which was sponsored.

So this got me thinking, at what point or rather when does someone reach the point where sponsorship becomes a real thing. I mean what would I need to do for instance to "qualify" for sponsorships.

Also I would like to hear (if the mods allow, don't want to incite anything) what sponsorships you guys were lucky enough to receive.

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Some sponsorship opportunities come at a certain level of subscribers (there are sponsorship connection groups that require 5,000 subs, for instance). Mostly, your videos and channel have to be large enough that the sponsorship will pay off for the sponsor. So they're basically buying ad space on your video, but you're the ad, really.

Sibernethy

Questin' for a Jestin'
Reaction score
Website
www.sibernethy.com
Channel Type
Gamer
I've never been paid directly for any sponsorships but I am fortunate to be a Minecraft server scout for a bunch of Youtubers with up to 85k subscribers. Essentially, I talk business with the server owners, and if I feel they're ready, I bring in my Youtuber friends and we negotiate how much money, when, how many videos to be recorded on the server, etc.

I get 5% commission for any payments made to these Youtubers and in return, they bring their fans, some of which are paying customers over to the server and have a great time. Some of the profits earned from the server are invested back into the server, the Youtubers who help it grow, and I get to keep a little of everything,

My first actual commission payment amounted to $17 which isn't bad considering it's only 5% of what was sent to the Youtubers.

I have 782 subscribers, so I might not be getting any sponsorships in the traditional sense yet, there is a way to earn a pretty penny if you play your cards well enough and work with what and who you have.