Sponsorship's/Affiliates - The Ultimate Guide!

The Layoh

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Introduction
Hello Guys - I am The Layoh and this article is everything you need to know about Youtube sponsorships.
I am going to give an in depth explanation of different aspects of sponsorships.

What Is Sponsorship/Affiliates?
No, I am not talking about partnerships, this is nothing to do with networks. Youtube sponsorship is also known as Paid Product Placement is when a company will pay you to review and promote a product.

Benefits Of Sponsorships?
With sponsorship's there are benefits for you and the company sponsoring you but of course the benefits will depend on certain factors which I will explain later in this guide but here are some benefits:

Benefits for you:
- You may earn a percentage from the sales that come from your viewers.
- You and your viewers may have a special discount code for a percentage off the products.
- You may receive free/highly discounted products to review and unbox.
- People may be more likely to check out your channel if they see you are sponsored.

Benefits for sponsors:
- They may gain more sales.
- They may gain more website views.
- They may become more popular.
- They may receive ways to make there products better.

How To Gain Sponsorship?
Gaining sponsorships is not always easy and some sponsorships may be harder to get than others.
The first factor companies will look at is your subscriber base and view base, they would like to see that you are gaining regular views and that viewers enjoy your videos, they may also want to see if you viewers are interacting on your videos and commenting on your videos. The reason for this is because if they know your viewers are coming back then your viewers must like you therefor they may want to check out your sponsors.

The next thing companies will look at is the genre of videos you are creating. This is because if you are a music channel then a company such as "Kontrol Freek" which specializes in gaming products will not sponsor you because your viewers may not be interested in gaming.

The third thing they will want to check out is if sponsoring you will benefit them? will they gain sales from you etc.

If you are large enough companies may contact you for sponsorships, but that may not always be the case. The best way to gain sponsorship will be to contact companies yourself.

When contact companies you will want to email them, call them and if your close to there shop then drop in. During the chat its best to explain that you want sponsorship then explain how your youtube channel/website is marketable and how you will help them. Tell them how many subscribers you have and how many monthly views you get and then explain what you would like such as a discount code or a product to review, but do not ask for too much, especially if you are a small channel.

Do not give up if a company declines you, you can retry when you grow more and apply at different companies because one may accept you.

Companies That Do Sponsorships:
Here is a list of companies that do sponsorships and affiliate services.

Kontrol Freek
About: Kontrol Freek are a big company that sells thumb-stick addons for controllers to help improve gameplay.
Requirements: 10k subscribers
Benefits: 10% Discount code to share, 10% from every sale from your link/code, Ability to receive free products to review and giveaway.
Link
: http://www.kontrolfreek.com/affiliates/

GameFanShop
About: GameFanShops is a online store where you can get cheap games and codes.
Requirements: Non
Benefits: A percentage from every sale, a custom page for games
Link: https://www.gamefanshopllc.com/partner-TheLayoh/

Evil Controllers
About: A company that designs and sells custom controllers for Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3 and PS4.
Benefits: 5% Discount code, 10% Commision.
Link: http://www.evilcontrollers.com/affiliate-signup

There are many more such as Elgato, HDPVR, Monster Gaming, Turtle Beach.

Thanks for reading this guide, I hoped it helped you alot.

The Layoh

The Mahano

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Introduction
Hello Guys - I am The Layoh and this article is everything you need to know about Youtube sponsorships.
I am going to give an in depth explanation of different aspects of sponsorships.

What Is Sponsorship/Affiliates?
No, I am not talking about partnerships, this is nothing to do with networks. Youtube sponsorship is also known as Paid Product Placement is when a company will pay you to review and promote a product.

Benefits Of Sponsorships?
With sponsorship's there are benefits for you and the company sponsoring you but of course the benefits will depend on certain factors which I will explain later in this guide but here are some benefits:

Benefits for you:
- You may earn a percentage from the sales that come from your viewers.
- You and your viewers may have a special discount code for a percentage off the products.
- You may receive free/highly discounted products to review and unbox.
- People may be more likely to check out your channel if they see you are sponsored.

Benefits for sponsors:
- They may gain more sales.
- They may gain more website views.
- They may become more popular.
- They may receive ways to make there products better.

How To Gain Sponsorship?
Gaining sponsorships is not always easy and some sponsorships may be harder to get than others.
The first factor companies will look at is your subscriber base and view base, they would like to see that you are gaining regular views and that viewers enjoy your videos, they may also want to see if you viewers are interacting on your videos and commenting on your videos. The reason for this is because if they know your viewers are coming back then your viewers must like you therefor they may want to check out your sponsors.

The next thing companies will look at is the genre of videos you are creating. This is because if you are a music channel then a company such as "Kontrol Freek" which specializes in gaming products will not sponsor you because your viewers may not be interested in gaming.

The third thing they will want to check out is if sponsoring you will benefit them? will they gain sales from you etc.

If you are large enough companies may contact you for sponsorships, but that may not always be the case. The best way to gain sponsorship will be to contact companies yourself.

When contact companies you will want to email them, call them and if your close to there shop then drop in. During the chat its best to explain that you want sponsorship then explain how your youtube channel/website is marketable and how you will help them. Tell them how many subscribers you have and how many monthly views you get and then explain what you would like such as a discount code or a product to review, but do not ask for too much, especially if you are a small channel.

Do not give up if a company declines you, you can retry when you grow more and apply at different companies because one may accept you.

Companies That Do Sponsorships:
Here is a list of companies that do sponsorships and affiliate services.

Kontrol Freek
About: Kontrol Freek are a big company that sells thumb-stick addons for controllers to help improve gameplay.
Requirements: 10k subscribers
Benefits: 10% Discount code to share, 10% from every sale from your link/code, Ability to receive free products to review and giveaway.
Link: http://www.kontrolfreek.com/affiliates/

GameFanShop
About: GameFanShops is a online store where you can get cheap games and codes.
Benefits: A percentage from every sale, a custom page for games
Link: https://www.gamefanshopllc.com/partner-TheLayoh/

Evil Controllers
About: A company that designs and sells custom controllers for Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3 and PS4.
Benefits: 5% Discount code, 10% Commision.
Link: http://www.evilcontrollers.com/affiliate-signup

There are many more such as Elgato, HDPVR, Monster Gaming, Turtle Beach.

Thanks for reading this guide, I hoped it helped you alot.

The Layoh

Great Article

Neko

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Animator
Thanks for this great Guide.
It has good details and i love the layout.
i hope you make more like these .

aksupertiger

Reaction score
Nice. Do you know of any non gaming companies that do sponsorship you can register for?

XXLRay

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Tim Schmoyer has a quite interesting video about affiliations on YouTube:

Madeline

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Nicely written post! I agree with everything you said, I started by send e-mails myself, but after a while companies will just find you and contact you themselves . Just one thing I would maybe add is to not accept ALL sponsorship proposals you get. I mean, only choose the ones that are actually related to your niche. I am not in the gaming niche (I do beauty/fashion videos), but I sometimes get the most random proposals. For example I got one recently from a furniture company - so uhmmm, yeah. I think if you start taking all of the random sponsorship offers you get, people will start to see you more of a commercial than a high quality content. :)

magnamious

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Ranter
Are there any company sponsorships for vloggers?

XXLRay

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
If you are willing to talk about a product you could try famebit.

BranVideos

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Maker Max has a lot of offers that you can place in your videos. When people use your link to sign up, then you get a certain amount of money. It works very well.

Amazon Affiliation is also something to consider. If you have a product that you enjoy, you can link them to buy if from amazon. If they purchase that product, or another product within a certain amount of time, you'll get some dough.

Some of the companies he listed related to gaming want consider you unless you have a certain amount of viewers. Maker Max and Amazon are all free (Maker Max of course you have to be partnered with). Famebit is pretty good as well.