Sponsorship

Taz The Yorkie

Reaction score
I just got an email from a pet supply company saying they are seeking influencers to help promote their new pet bed.

I’ve never done sponsored content before so I thought I’d ask for input from YTtalk before I respond.

I’m thinking of responding by stating how many subscribers I have (500) and offering two options:

First option a free honest review were they send me a bed and I review it good or bad

Second option a paid promotional video were they give an outline of what they would like me to say about the bed.

Kinda hope they pick the first because I have no idea what to charge.
I sort of feel my channel is pretty small to be doing sponsorship stuff.

Thoughts? Anyone think of anything else I should know before I respond?

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Hiya. Yeah you don't get enough views yet really to be able to demand any dolla up front. So. if you want the dog bed bed its an okay deal. If you don't want a dog bed then don't do it as it will take plenty of your time for an obscure product with little search volume on youtube. If on the other hand it has massive search volume then its worth making the video for some views.
Best way forward is to ask them if they have or belong to an affiliate programme where you can earn money from affiliate purchases from your links in your video description.
Warning!! If its anything what so ever to do with damn amazn sellers it's likely a scam where they will eventually say to you "ok please buy our item from here (insert amazon link) and we will refund you". yeah course they will!.
Good luck and learn how to value your time is best advice.

Reactions: Taz The Yorkie

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've moved this to the Monetization / Partnership discussion forum. :)