Sponsors, Networks, and Such

LadyAiluro

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello friendly peoples of YT Talk,
I've been learning more and more about Youtube and what surrounds it, but still so much I don't understand at the same time.
Exposure is number one, but how do you go about doing it, without being in peoples faces.
I've recently noticed some starting to grow very fast. I've looked at what they are doing, maybe I can learn from them.
What i've seen is, some have mentioned that they have sponsors. What do sponsors do for you? Is it worth looking for a sponsor?
Then there are networks. I'm a bit afraid of jumping into something I don't fully understand. What happens when I join a network?

Reactions: RistoTCT

Ninja

Professional Funny Guy
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator
At this point in time, your channel isn't ready for a sponsorship. Those would come in a lot later when your channel is more in the 10k+ range. Networks on the other hand are important if you want to start making money off your content. When you partner with a network, they work to better monetize your videos, as well as give you things like music libraries you can use in your videos, branding kits and help you with copyright claims. In return, they take a fraction of your earnings (anywhere from 10%-40% depending on who you partner with). Before you get into a network, you'll want to do a lot of research on which will be the best for your channel, as well as what networks you'd be able to get into. For example: Curse is extremely reputable, but they have a list of hefty requirements to be able to apply, while Freedom is very basic and gives you a low revenue cut, but has no requirements to partner with them. Hope I could help!

LadyAiluro

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thank you that clears a couple things up. I like to learn things ahead of time, so i can plan and be steps ahead of myself in a way. So it's not like i'm looking for this now, I'm still developing, and know fine that i am very tiny in this massive Youtube World. Thank you again for the wisdom.

Vidcast

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Some websites that sponsor you require you to have 1,000 subscribers and then they give you a little bit of money, which is then supposed to help fund you to pay for your own promotion, or better videos etc., I like to think that's what I'm aiming for, then I can get a budget together for a short film.

Shakycow

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Networks on the other hand are important if you want to start making money off your content.
You don't need a network to start making money, simply need to join and link an Adsense account to your YouTube channel (there are numerous easy guides available online).

When you partner with a network, they work to better monetize your videos
Again, they don't do anything that someone can't do on their own with monetizing.
Some will promise better paying ads or even saying they have a team of salesmen, but that rarely is the case for anything except very large channels (millions of views a month). More often than not, ads will pay the same exact as they would without a network.

...as well as give you things like music libraries you can use in your videos
Plenty of good music (including popular and sound effects) can already be had for free from YouTube's Music Library or from royalty free sources (such as incompetech).

While networks do generally offer a music library to member channels, problems may develop if the channel were to leave the network at a later date.

...branding kits
There are numerous free (or inexpensive) websites and various YouTube plugins (such as TubeBuddy) available to do similar to what a network offers.

...and help you with copyright claims.
They offer an extra level of defense, but not nearly as good as they once did. Things seem to (finally) be changing for the better for everyone here.

In return, they take a fraction of your earnings (anywhere from 10%-40% depending on who you partner with).
I don't know about you, but I'd rather keep the 10-40% of money I've earned...especially if I can get nearly everything they offered for free, on my own, without having to sign anything or worry about what may happen if I ever wanted to leave.

Years ago, networks were far more valuable then they are now. Unless someone lives in an area where payment from Adsense would be difficult, I don't see much of a benefit to signing to one.

LadyAiluro

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Wow that brings a lot of insight into these questions. I guess the only thing I struggle with is having my voice heard, and getting out there. I thought when I seen the people I keep contact with having networks and sponsors, that it helped them get out there faster and easier. From what I gather thats not really the case.
So my search to better my advertisement and get myself out there continues.

Reactions: RistoTCT

NuSpirit

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Years ago, networks were far more valuable then they are now. Unless someone lives in an area where payment from Adsense would be difficult, I don't see much of a benefit to signing to one.
Again it depends on network. For example mine gives me access to really usefull tool I would need to pay $19/month (which with luck I would be able to afford after several months of youtube income) and I use basically daily. Plus they do help with some sponsorships (although with channel of my size there arent many offers (after a month only 1) and great one (it was mobile port game)) but I cant exactly expect latest AAA games and gaming accessories for free as of yet. So I am better with them than solo :)

If you are not sure, wait. Find more information about networks and sponsorships and once you get bigger and will understand better then you can consider it :)

The New Travel Blog

I've Got It
Reaction score
Again it depends on network. For example mine gives me access to really usefull tool I would need to pay $19/month (which with luck I would be able to afford after several months of youtube income) and I use basically daily.
What sort of tool is it if you don't mind sharing?