Sponsored Video - Any Advice?

FunWithTheBugs

I've Got It
Reaction score
I was recently contacted by a seller on Amazon who would like to sponsor a video of ours to review their product. Is their anything we need to know or need to be weary of before we say okay? Their terms were to make a 5 minute video, they will tell is what time to release it, we add them into our description and they will also supply is with a link for our viewers to purchase through.

Is their any other questions I should ask them? Do you need to sign any type of paperwork usually for sponsored video?

Appreciate any advice from those who have experience and have done sponsored videos with merchandise.

Zesty

Zesty Person!/Rainbow Six Youtuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Look up the business' history, payment, how they will pay, keeping product?

Reactions: FunWithTheBugs

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I was recently contacted by a seller on Amazon who would like to sponsor a video of ours to review their product. Is their anything we need to know or need to be weary of before we say okay? Their terms were to make a 5 minute video, they will tell is what time to release it, we add them into our description and they will also supply is with a link for our viewers to purchase through.

Is their any other questions I should ask them? Do you need to sign any type of paperwork usually for sponsored video?

Appreciate any advice from those who have experience and have done sponsored videos with merchandise.

Moved to the monetization forum. :)

Since they approached you, you're in a position to ask for whatever terms you want.

My advice would be to make sure that they really are who they say they are. There are a lot of affiliates (ie middlemen, nothing to do with the manufacturer at all) who are just too lazy to make their own content and so just try to piggyback off other people's. Look into becoming an Amazon affiliate yourselves and put your affiliate link to the product in the description or at least crunch some numbers. and use that to negotiate with them.

FunWithTheBugs

I've Got It
Reaction score
Thanks guys. We are a very small channel so we can't really ask for anything more then a free item to review. I think it is great to get just that at this time and it can give us some experience with a sponsored video where most channels our size wouldn't really get this opportunity.

We woud be supplied the item free of charge but would not get paid for any purchases. They will be giving is a code that viewers can use to get a discount on the item.

I am going to look into becoming an Amazon affiliate since these items are sold there. Can anyone become an affiliate? Is there any fee you need to pay or is it just basically a sign up thing and your in.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I am going to look into becoming an Amazon affiliate since these items are sold there. Can anyone become an affiliate? Is there any fee you need to pay or is it just basically a sign up thing and your in.

Pretty much anyone can become an affiliate. I recommend you check out the information on their website. It's all explained there. :)

FunWithTheBugs

I've Got It
Reaction score
Pretty much anyone can become an affiliate. I recommend you check out the information on their website. It's all explained there. :)
Do you know if I received an item for free to review, if I would need to click the box that says "this video contains paid promotion' in the advanced settings menu of the video?

Reactions: olimueller