Splitting AdRevenue in a Shared Youtube Account??

candy22

Reaction score
Greetings everyone!

I was wondering if anyone has a solution to this problem, or if anyone else has had to deal with this, and can offer some insight! Here it goes:

My best friend and I are creating a youtube channel together. When we start creating an income, we would like to split whatever we get from AdRevenue.

As far as I know, AdRevenue can currently only be sent to one payee. This is fine, what isn't fine is the tax.
I would like to know if there are any of you out there who also have shared YouTube accounts, and how you guys share the burden of paying the tax, since only one person is legally responsible for it if it is being sent to one payee!

Thank you so much!

Dewmonic Abyss

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Personally, I think the simplest solution is to subtract the tax from the ad revenue and then split it. That way you both get equal shares and problem solved.

Reactions: candy22

candy22

Reaction score
Personally, I think the simplest solution is to subtract the tax from the ad revenue and then split it. That way you both get equal shares and problem solved.
Wow. That was a lot easier than I thought.

Someone else on a different forum had recommended we file for a partnership or LLC and create a contract determining the pay etc etc. This seems far easier.[DOUBLEPOST=1502751489,1502749007][/DOUBLEPOST]Well actually, now that I think about it, since we're using my AdSense account, and I plan to be using my AdSense on other platforms as well, is there any way not mix up earning from let's say, my blog, my personal youtube account, and then our shared youtube account?

Dewmonic Abyss

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
..That makes things a bit more complicated. Well, there's a few things you can do. With AdSense, you can actually track exactly how much money comes from where, so you can just click on your shared YouTube channel, check the earnings, and then subtract the channel amount from your total earnings, then subtract the tax from that amount, and then split the earnings. This one's the simplest option, but a lot of math is involved.

Or you could go with the suggestion of filing for a partnership or LLC with a separate AdSense account. But then you'll also have to go through the process of connecting that channel to a different AdSense account, which I bet will be a hassle. I've never actually done that before, but when money's involved, you can bet it'll be secure. This is the most tedious option.

Or you could just make another separate AdSense, but not file for the partnership and just split the earnings after subtracting the tax like you were originally going to do. But then you also have to go through AdSense security. This one's tedious but a lot more automatic.

Hope this can help out!

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hassle indeed and I also tried linking my channel to multiple adsense accounts or my adsense account to multiple bank accounts.
In this instance I would consider finding a partner program that will offer to pay 50/50 into seperate accounts. You will lose a% to the partner program but may be the easiest way.