Speaking for a non-native speaker

Wadawinz

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi!
I just started recording my voice and it doesn't sound good. I'm a non-native speaker so it's hard for me to pronounce some words. Also, I use my phone's mic because I can't afford one.
Should I ignore this and continue recording or what?

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You and me are in the same boat (and I can tell you that I don't like it when I hear the result).
I choose not to speak when doing live video recording, and only add comments in post-production. I record my voice on my Zoom H2n, but the phone's mic should be good too. I write everything before I read it aloud, so that I am sure that I use the right words. And I try to read slowly and calmly, which makes it slightly better.
Even like this, recording the comments is for me a chore, as I always fail on some word, or this is just the moment my neighbor will choose to start using his hammer drill...
Recently I switched to subtitles (here you can have several languages simultaneously, as opposed to audio track) when I don't feel that a long spoken comment is necessary.

Wadawinz

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You and me are in the same boat (and I can tell you that I don't like it when I hear the result).
I choose not to speak when doing live video recording, and only add comments in post-production. I record my voice on my Zoom H2n, but the phone's mic should be good too. I write everything before I read it aloud, so that I am sure that I use the right words. And I try to read slowly and calmly, which makes it slightly better.
Even like this, recording the comments is for me a chore, as I always fail on some word, or this is just the moment my neighbor will choose to start using his hammer drill...
Recently I switched to subtitles (here you can have several languages simultaneously, as opposed to audio track) when I don't feel that a long spoken comment is necessary.
Thanks for the advice!