Spam comments and Sub4Sub

Bgirl Sonia

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello everybody !

I have a random question (as usual lol)

I own two channels as I already said before. One in my native language (French) and one in English.

I noticed that when I post my French video, I have likes and comments every now and then but when it comes to my English one (even though it's quite the same video but in different language) after short minutes, I start receiving like 3 or more spammy comments like "Cool", "Good", "Sub4Sub" or even worse "I love you, I made a video about you"

I don't accept these comments and it's not that they disturb me in any way but I just wondered why is it different on my two channels
I still have my friends or random viewers complimenting me on my videos but when it comes to the spam comment, only my English channel is touched haha

Farley Productions

Pursuing the Arts one step at a time.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
To me spam is pretty much everywhere and in every language. Definitely some more then others. A lot of people only care about the numbers and attention. And it shows through internet. Anyone can hide behind a screen and say pretty much anything they want.

I can't really compare other languages on Youtube for spam comments or messages as I why myself don't use those languages nor can I read them. But I'm sure the popular channel's videos are filled with some type of "sub4sub" or "I liked your video come check out my channel," comments.

But then again that's just my opinion on it.

Bgirl Sonia

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I guessed language wasn't a factor but I meant why one channel more than the other .. because it's only on my second channel and everytime I post. It's not random at all ...weird :O_o2:

Jutta

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I guessed language wasn't a factor but I meant why one channel more than the other .. because it's only on my second channel and everytime I post. It's not random at all ...weird :O_o2:
Could be just coincidence...

Reactions: danyatm

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Is there a difference in channel size? I wonder what, other than language, you could check to see how it brings in commenters. Do you promote these videos/channels differently? Is one channel your "main" channel and another more of a "secondary" channel? There are so many factors to consider, but checking on your analytics may shed a bit of light, if you wanted to dig down into how these commenters are finding one video and not the other.

Bgirl Sonia

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Is there a difference in channel size? I wonder what, other than language, you could check to see how it brings in commenters. Do you promote these videos/channels differently? Is one channel your "main" channel and another more of a "secondary" channel? .
Yes my main channel is in French and I have 77 subs, my "affected" channel is my secondary one which is in English with like 21-22 subs I don't remember

I promote more my French one since I have troubles finding serious groups in which we share and not just sub4 sub so that's why I don't find it logical to be more spammed on this channel than on the other haha

AmberAndGolden

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I've been getting quite a few 'nice' or 'cool vid' comments from youtube channels that feature free music? Like royalty free music...
I'm not sure why it effects your english channel more though, thats kind of odd!

Bgirl Sonia

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Same ! always from music channels !! and a girl who does hairstyles like me who comments the second after I publish my video the same comment "I love it watch my channel...."

ToysForKids

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
It's because you have audio library etc. links in your description. The bots are looking for free music users and promote their services for you.

Bgirl Sonia

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thank you it might be the answer !

But I use the same musics for both my english and french channel haha

Nevermind it was a random question