Sound problems

Dredcor

Loving YTtalk
So, I have a problem with the sound during my recordings on some games. If I record both the game audio and the mic audio the video turns out very choppy, but if I only record one audio source or no audio at all there is no choppiness. Someone have an idea how to fix this?

First of all, how are you recording?
Is your machine of a good spec? Recording video is a very intensive process, especially at 1080p+ It may simply be that you're asking too much of your system to do everything at once.

I found that using fraps to record my game audio as well as my mic audio was quite problematic.. I got around this by using Audacity to record my mic instead, while leaving fraps to do the games. Give that a try?

First of all, how are you recording?
Is your machine of a good spec? Recording video is a very intensive process, especially at 1080p+ It may simply be that you're asking too much of your system to do everything at once.

I found that using fraps to record my game audio as well as my mic audio was quite problematic.. I got around this by using Audacity to record my mic instead, while leaving fraps to do the games. Give that a try?

Yeah, my computer's okay, I could definitely get better, but it works. I'll try out recording the mic with Audacity, hopefully that works.[DOUBLEPOST=1353127121,1353126170][/DOUBLEPOST]Well, it works, but now I'm having problems getting the video and audio synced during editing.

It can be a bit tricky at first.. But this is what I do. (and it works mostly)

I select a menu item in game (Like, new game) then put my mic near the keyboard and hit enter.. when i see the screen change i line up the enter sound and voila! Synced up.. It's what they used to do in films (and sometimes still do) with the clapper board/movie slate.

No problem.. You'll find this is better for you anyway, because it gives you greater control over the two audio sources. Ever had the problem where the game audio is a bit too loud to hear what you say at some point? Not anymore! :)

Back