[SonyVegas Pro10 + Fraps] Multi-pass rendering: h264 codec ERROR at 2nd pass.

LordFede

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hello!

I'm coming here for help, because a friend of mine told me about this forum so here I go:

I'm recording some WoW (World of Warcraft) footage using Fraps and Sony Vegas Pro 10 for It's edition.
The project is something complex like this:

(This is a random picture taken from Google, I just want to show you how my project looks in Sony Vegas. Actually, my project have more layers than that picture)

Ok, I have a big project with a lot of edition like Effects, Masks, Green screen, PAN/CROP effects, zoom, music, etc...
My PC can't handle so many effects (Processor: Core i3 - 2 GB RAM - Graphics: Nvidia 9500GT +1GB) so I need to set the worst "preview screen" in order to see a "fluid" project before rendering.

At the time of rendering this project, I use a resolution of 1306 x 706 (Fraps' recorded file resolution) with h264 codec, multi-pass (THIS IS the MOST important thing) with a bitrate of 4500 kb/s.

Alright, now It's time to render.
I set my x264 codec to MultiPass - 1rst Pass.The first pass is done and I'm ready for the Second pass. So, now I press "Render as" again and leaving all the other settings like the first pass, I just set the "Codec settings" in order to change Multi Pass settings from "MultiPass - 1rst pass" to "MultiPass - Nth pass". And press "save", then "overwrite" on the file created by the first pass.
but here
the freakin' monstrous error appears:

The translated Error: "Error creating the file xxxxxx.avi / Couldn't find any compatible video codec" or "No compatible video codec was found"

This is turning me crazy! And I don't have time enough to keep trying. I wasted tons of hours in google trying to find this error and no progress, at all! At least the "spanish" community didn't reported the error yet, and I can't translate it exactly as the Sony Vegas English Client report, I think I'm screwed up :(

Here comes the frase: "HELP ME PLEASE
"

PD1: Sorry for my poor english

PD2: I already tried Single-Pass and it sucks! The sound is not in sync. with the video, and whenI start the video, the first frames... like the first 7-8 seconds are "lagged".. the start of the generated video by Single pass encoding is like a slideshow of screenshots without any fading, and after those 7-8 seconds, the video start showing "fine" but with the sound desynchronized.

ForeverAlonePrick

I don't know what's going on.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Wow, I don't know what to say. I hope somebody figures this out. We get a fair number of technical questions like this, but there isn't always an answer that's produced.