• Sony Vegas

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Premier Pro

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters

MotionComedy

Loving YTtalk
Hey everyone!

I wanted to get your opinion on a well debated topic in the YouTube community: is it better to use Sony Vegas or Adobe Premier Pro?

If you use either of these, or have used both, please tell me which you prefer and why.

Personally, I've used Sony Vegas for all of my YouTube life. I've learned it well and can edit efficiently to have videos produced quicker than using a different software.

Let me know your preference!

I've only ever used Premiere so don't know the benefits of Vegas however I don't think I'll ever move onto other software. The main benefit with Adobe is the integration between all their other apps. I can start editing, need a special title and automatically replace the clip with an After Effects comp and do more complex stuff there. After finishing multiple projects I can export all of them at once in Media Encoder rather than exporting all in program. Again not sure if Vegas has these features but I can't live without them.

On a more personal note, I've used Adobe for years now and all the shortcuts I've learnt and so on have meant that I can edit so fast in the program now so I'll say my experience with it makes it better for me!

I've only ever used Premiere so don't know the benefits of Vegas however I don't think I'll ever move onto other software. The main benefit with Adobe is the integration between all their other apps. I can start editing, need a special title and automatically replace the clip with an After Effects comp and do more complex stuff there. After finishing multiple projects I can export all of them at once in Media Encoder rather than exporting all in program. Again not sure if Vegas has these features but I can't live without them.

On a more personal note, I've used Adobe for years now and all the shortcuts I've learnt and so on have meant that I can edit so fast in the program now so I'll say my experience with it makes it better for me!
Hmm. I've heard Premier Pro can have so much more compared to Vegas, but I didn't think it was that good. Maybe it's time to switch over and have a play around. I can mess up on the editing since my channel is still quite small xD (that sounds really bad..)

Best part of being small is that you have no one to answer to when making new ideas! Experiment as much as you can while small I always say!
Exactly![DOUBLEPOST=1482760802,1482758582][/DOUBLEPOST]

Just bought Premier Pro... let's hope it's worth it!

I'm using Sony Vegas and I love to work with this software. Although is see a lot of YouTuber's using Premier Pro. Ali A, a popular gaming channel, always used Vegas and recently made the change to Premier Pro. They are both great so I think when I need to update my software I will just compare prices. I Have bought Vegas for 699EUR/$ and Premier Pro will be a monthly fee.
So I think both editing programs are pretty good to work with.
(Also Vegas is only for windows, so it cost me an extra desktop as I work with Mac :D )

I'm using Sony Vegas and I love to work with this software. Although is see a lot of YouTuber's using Premier Pro. Ali A, a popular gaming channel, always used Vegas and recently made the change to Premier Pro. They are both great so I think when I need to update my software I will just compare prices. I Have bought Vegas for 699EUR/$ and Premier Pro will be a monthly fee.
So I think both editing programs are pretty good to work with.
(Also Vegas is only for windows, so it cost me an extra desktop as I work with Mac :D )
Yeah, both pieces of software definitely have their pros and cons. For the two vlogs that I've worked with Premier Pro, I can honestly say I love it. It has the same concept behind it as Vegas does, but the layout and feel of the application is much more... professional than Vegas!

I use a lot of other Adobe products so Premiere Pro is my weapon of choice here. I did try Sony Vegas for a bit which was great as a beginner, but my videos were taking too long to render. Premiere Pro seems a little scary when you first open it but it's so simple when you get more familiar!

I use a lot of other Adobe products so Premiere Pro is my weapon of choice here. I did try Sony Vegas for a bit which was great as a beginner, but my videos were taking too long to render. Premiere Pro seems a little scary when you first open it but it's so simple when you get more familiar!
I was a little worried when I opened it, but once I'd used it, I was feeling better!

Back