maSkraP

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I have sony vegas 11...there's no lag for me. Maybe you need more ram
This.
It's likely you're computer dude.
Unfortunately, SVP eats up a lot of power.
Perhaps an upgrade is in order.
I had a crappy laptop before and it was a pain editing my videos due to the lag.
After a new purchase, it's smooth as a baby's behind.

To get an idea of your computer power, go to your Windows Experience Index.
Check your Component ratings.
Mine are (relevant to using SVP) -->
Processor: 7.4
Memory (RAM): 7.6
Graphics: 5.9
Gaming Graphics: 6.6

scott

Reaction score
Right so, I got my hands on Song Vegas Pro 11.0 earlier today, and when I went to edit my first video using this software, I came across a few problems which I was hoping I could get some help with. :confused:

1. Let's keep it plain... I don't know how to preview in fullscreen so I can't see my video properly.
2. The preview is extremely laggy before rendering it out, even on the 'draft' option which I think is the lowest quality, it's more like a 0.1 FPS stopframe animation.

Any suggestions/solutions are much appreciated. Cheers. :)
--- merged: Jun 24, 2012 at 5:31 PM ---
And now it just stopped working and I've lost all of the effort put into that video... Back to square 1!
i would recomend videopad video editor, its free

TMDxProductionz

FIFA 12 Gaming Channel [HD]
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
i would recomend videopad video editor, its free
Thanks for your advice; and sorry for forgetting to post that this thread doesn't require replies anymore; I think the whole lagg thing may have been high traffic on my computer or maybe because it was just new. :unsure:

John Lock

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
SVP will only show lagg with certain effects, but you can double click to highlight the actual section and watch it lag free. Also SVP isn't affect by the FPS rate, it is only certain add-ons that are affected by Lower FPS Rates.

I use CS5 for all Effects and C4D and for Rendering I use SVP 10 and lower key standard effects as 11 to be honest is not that good.

Pirate Hurrdurr

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
The preview is slow most of the time because the file is too big and your hard drive can not read the file fast enough. Not to worry though.

Also after reading some more comments here I advice you not to record at 29.97 or even 27 frames per second. 29.97 was a framerate which is no longer used but it existed because of certain regions only had televisions capable of rendering almost 30 fps. 27 frames per second really makes no sense at all.

Most displays have 60Hz, having a 30fps footage means that each frame is rendered twice, having 27fps footage means that most frames will be rendered twice, and a couple of them even three times. This causes small stuttering.
I recommend the 30 frames per second.

If you have a long video which requires editing, maybe you can take the fraps video, and render it to half or even a quarter of the size. This video file can be used during editing. This should make editing smooth. Once you are done editing and ready to render your final version you can go to the project media in Vegas, right click on your smaller footage, and click on 'replace'. Now you select your "slow-to-edit-but-high-resolution" footage and swap them.

Good luck and have fun!

TMDxProductionz

FIFA 12 Gaming Channel [HD]
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
The preview is slow most of the time because the file is too big and your hard drive can not read the file fast enough. Not to worry though.

Also after reading some more comments here I advice you not to record at 29.97 or even 27 frames per second. 29.97 was a framerate which is no longer used but it existed because of certain regions only had televisions capable of rendering almost 30 fps. 27 frames per second really makes no sense at all.

Most displays have 60Hz, having a 30fps footage means that each frame is rendered twice, having 27fps footage means that most frames will be rendered twice, and a couple of them even three times. This causes small stuttering.
I recommend the 30 frames per second.

If you have a long video which requires editing, maybe you can take the fraps video, and render it to half or even a quarter of the size. This video file can be used during editing. This should make editing smooth. Once you are done editing and ready to render your final version you can go to the project media in Vegas, right click on your smaller footage, and click on 'replace'. Now you select your "slow-to-edit-but-high-resolution" footage and swap them.

Good luck and have fun!
Cheers Pirate, that was a good help. :)