Sony Vegas 13 Best Render settings?

AdmUp

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I've been using sony vegas for over 5 years... I have yet to render a video that looks as crisp and detailed as the source video and even worse when it's uploaded to YouTube.

Does anyone have any tips or render settings to get the best results? I hate producing 1080p 60fps videos and they look sub 720p after render. You can see some of what I'm talking about on my channel if you want. Blurred is the only word that springs to mind.

It doesn't look bad but the blur around everything is really off putting. I'm pretty sure I've tried everything but if anyone has any ideas or settings I could try i'd be grateful. Thanks!

TechSpotJosh

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I haven't used Vegas since I went to college and was taught to use Premier. Does Vegas have the H.264 codec? This is honestly the best codec to render in. You lose very little quality when you export in this codec and the render time is relatively fast (for the quality of video you receive.) This was also the codec I was taught to use in college. Basically if you're rendering a video that happens to be 1080p but is looking like its 720 after you export it is your choice in codec. What a codec is exactly is the software is compressing the files to control file size / speed of render. Codecs do this by getting rid of details within the original project file that they have deemed unnecessary. However, when you try to play the video back those details are forever lost in the exported project. Does that make sense? I can try to explain this better if you would like.

AdmUp

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I haven't used Vegas since I went to college and was taught to use Premier. Does Vegas have the H.264 codec? This is honestly the best codec to render in. You lose very little quality when you export in this codec and the render time is relatively fast (for the quality of video you receive.) This was also the codec I was taught to use in college. Basically if you're rendering a video that happens to be 1080p but is looking like its 720 after you export it is your choice in codec. What a codec is exactly is the software is compressing the files to control file size / speed of render. Codecs do this by getting rid of details within the original project file that they have deemed unnecessary. However, when you try to play the video back those details are forever lost in the exported project. Does that make sense? I can try to explain this better if you would like.
I hadn't thought about changing the codec, I'll give it a go. Thanks!