Sony HX-60 vs Canon SX610 HS

MotionComedy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
Hey everyone!

If you're looking for a cheap (ish) camera to buy for either Vlogging, or recording Face-Cam videos, I have two options for you that I will be explaining.

The first is the Sony HX-60, which is currently priced at £199.99 / $333.13 on Amazon. The HX-60 offers a wide angle lens with great exposure for darkened shots. It has a full metal body, making it feel super professional and easy to hold. It has many options, such as photo-modes, but I will only be focusing on the video side, as that is what most will be using it for.

It offers two recording modes: AVCHD (Up to 1920x1080/50p @ 28Mbps OR MP4 (Up to 1440x1080/25fps @ 12Mbps. Personally, I prefer using the AVCHD option. Even though the files are larger, it adds that little bit extra quality, which is very noticeable on YouTube. The battery is... decent, but I would recommend buying one or two spares if you're going to be using it on a weekend trip etc. It offers 190 minutes of footage which is equivalent to taking 380 photos. It is 108.1mm x 63.6mm x 38.3 mm, and it ways 246g (Body only). It has full Wi-Fi connectivity meaning you can transfer files to either your phone or computer with ease.

--
The second option I have is the Canon SX610 HS, which is currently priced at £149.00 / $229.00. The SX610 has a smaller angle lens, which makes darker scenes stay dark. It is a plastic body however it does feel easy to hold thanks to the rubber finger grips on the front and back.

The SX610 HS offers one video shooting mode, which is stated at "Full 1080p HD", however I feel it is more towards the 720p side, as it is blurrier than what 1080p should be. The file sizes are good for this camera, making editing easier and more efficient. The battery is also a plus, as it allows 265 minutes of footage, which is equivalent to around 530 photos. It has an 18x Optical Zoom and is 20.2 Mega Pixels. It also has full Wi-Fi connectivity, meaning you can transfer files to your phone and/or computer. The SX610 is 10.5cm x 2.7cm x 6.1cm and weighs 168g.

--
All in all, I would definitely recommend the Sony HX-60 if you have the money to buy it. If not, the SX610 is a brilliant alternative, however the quality does lack a little.

Both of these cameras are purchasable on Amazon.