Sony Computer Entertainment - YouTube Policy?

WolfWraith

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Has anyone been able to find their policy on posting footage to YouTube?

I can only find stuff for Sony Online Entertainment but the problem is Sony has multiple subsidiaries and each company technicaly has it's own policy. I basically want to do a review on Killzone Shadow Fall which I'm aware falls under fair use laws, the problem is YouTube don't care for that cause it's their policy for usages and since I'm < 1mil subs I have virtually 0 influence & power to protect myself.

I cannot find a way to contact SCE, from what I've read they don't reply to that stuff anyways and they don't list terms of use for their content, only their websites. I've tried tweeting Yoshida & emailing Guerrilla Games but I was hoping someone might have some solid info since I don't want to waste time working on the review just to find out I can't post it.

alionsonny

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well I can't post a link here -> uncomfortable if one wants to help ;) But google "soe player-direct" that should help you :)

WolfWraith

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Well I can't post a link here -> uncomfortable if one wants to help ;) But google "soe player-direct" that should help you :)
As I mentioned above SOE and SCE are different subsidiaries, 2 different publishers. I know SOE are fine and Let's Play friendly but can't find anything on SCE.

XiaoK

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
no worry, just record your gaming footage and post it online, almost 90% of the gaming company allow their user to do that, but to be remind it must be played and recorded by your own, not some one else gaming footage, killzone shadow fall will be no problem

WolfWraith

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
no worry, just record your gaming footage and post it online, almost 90% of the gaming company allow their user to do that, but to be remind it must be played and recorded by your own, not some one else gaming footage, killzone shadow fall will be no problem
Do you have an official statement/terms page from SCE or Guerrilla Games that you can link?

TA5

Hit your two hands together for TA5!!!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
They dont have any official statements ............i have researched

but when i contacted support for Sony Playstation....and asked them if monetizing Gameplay of Killzone was allowed,,,he said it was ok

You can try contacting support and asking them yourself.......