Songs in videos

Robyn.Turner

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Okay so normally I use the YouTube creators royalty free music, but I have a holiday video to upload that has no speaking in it so want to use something more interesting than just the stuff on YouTube, the music I was looking at is instrumentals or slightly older songs, like at least 3 years old, I'm just not sure on what I can and can't do surrounding that

Phostose

Biggest thing since the wheel!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Youtube is always weird with their music. According to what I've read you can use either their providing music, royalty free music sites, or if you can get the permission of the artist; you can use pretty much anything! The problem is that youtube's music is automated and it's system can't make sure that you have the permissions, so it just flags your video.

So I would say stick with what youtube provides at all costs, but I've seen tubers get banned sometimes for even using that. Regardless it's still your safest bet.

SlenderMan

I'M WATCHING YOU
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Gamer, Commentator, Designer, Other
incompetech.com may help you with your project. It's free to use :)

Zerodecoole

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
caesar.wtf
Channel Type
Other
You can look on Newgrounds, there are a lot of underrated musicians on that site that are really talented, some people allow YouTubers to use their music in videos and monetize them.
Make sure to contact them before using their music though.

SlenderMan

I'M WATCHING YOU
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Gamer, Commentator, Designer, Other
You can look on Newgrounds, there are a lot of underrated musicians on that site that are really talented, some people allow YouTubers to use their music in videos and monetize them.
Make sure to contact them before using their music though.
Yeah, newgrounds have a lot of musics that is free! I always visit that site :3

Reactions: Zerodecoole

Kate (Caitlin)

I make videos on the internet...I guess?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Ranter, Gamer, Commentator
incompetech.com - will help you a lot, if not go through newground.com lot of good stuff there.