Sometimes, things work out...

ChroeAreHui

Reaction score
So, get this. Very recently I got the biggest opportunity of my life thus far as a direct result of my YouTube channel.

A producer for a TV show saw my videos, liked them, and got in touch. Long story short, they're flying in to town on Thursday for a lunch meeting, and they're coming with a cameraperson so we can shoot some footage later in the day. Fingers crossed it all works out. I'm pretty excited about the opportunity I'm not going to lie, but I'm trying not to get carried away as its not a 100% guarantee yet...not until it airs. But this one thing has the potential to be my ticket to success in this game.

It's a reality show. Not one like survivor or the bachelor etc where you're on for one season or even less, but its more akin to pawn stars or something like that where they follow a person/people for multiple seasons. So with that theres a better chance to make a name for myself as I could stick around for a few seasons rather than a fleeting 15 minutes of fame. And who knows what other opportunities could present themselves if this happens. Exciting times ahead.

And, at a base level, I get paid for appearing on the show (nothing crazy), plus expenses like hotels, meals, fuels etc, so thats pretty good if nothing else.

And the interesting thing is I didn't think I was even doing that well on YouTube. I've got 1,200 subs, only uploaded 32 videos in two years, and am getting 5,000-10,000 views per vid. So yeah, go figure. Guess I just got lucky. Right place at the right time, me thinks. Brilliant. So I guess theres a message there to all youtubers, big and small. Just do your thing. You never know what could happen. But it definitely wont happen if you dont put yourself out there. If it can happen to me, it can happen to anyone.

FYI, I'm keeping this rather ambiguous and vague at the moment. I would love to give more details. I'm really excited so just wanted to make a thread about it and tell people, but at the same time I've been told to keep it under wraps for now as we're not sure if it'll be this season or the next. Thats why I made this brand new account as I cant have people putting 1 and 1 together and coming up with 2 ;)

Anyways, I'm just excited and wanted to share my excitement.

Reactions: nad

unevenflaps

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
That's pretty cool that a TV appearance came from someone seeing your YouTube videos. best of luck, this shows people that working on your channel is the most important thing since you still made videos for 2 years before the opportunity came up. Good to see success coming for you.

Jawad Soomro

I'm a Human!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Wow that's supercool, I hope you enjoy your work with them. All the best!

babyteeth4

Taking over the world... ...one kid at a time!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Congratulations, and be careful not to sign any contracts that you don't understand!

Reactions: nad