Sometimes I just want to give up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bridder

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian
So I've just finished doing my 5th video on my channel. Worked late into the night sometimes to get it perfect. Yet my views and subs haven't budged at all. I know it's hard work in the beginning, but how do I even know if I am doing the right things, giving up is easier :(

Quertier

Reaction score
Don't give up mate, keep grinding... Just ensure the thumbnail and title are catchy yet slightly different to what ever else your video is similar too... And smash the hell out of the Tag bit... I'm no expert (yet) but I know those bits are important.

Reactions: Bridder

Shendijiro

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡┻━┻
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer, Animator, Other
I been doing this for years and there are times where subs and views are going to be stuck but never give up, if you love it do it for you and not for others :)

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
So I've just finished doing my 5th video on my channel. Worked late into the night sometimes to get it perfect. Yet my views and subs haven't budged at all. I know it's hard work in the beginning, but how do I even know if I am doing the right things, giving up is easier :(
OK, I hope this doesn't come across as me being a total ****hole but what do you expect?
Looking at your channel I can see your first video was 4 weeks ago, and you've been a member since 2015, presumably as a viewer and now you decided to become a creator right?
To put things into context for you, I have been a food blogger for 6 years, and in August last year I decided to give youtube a go, and let me tell you, my only regret is I didn't do it sooner!
That being said, I quickly realised that it is certainly not easy to gain views and subscribers. I was at the same level as you are now after 4 weeks, and so are thousands of others. The difference is those that give up, will always be the 'what if guys' and those that persevere will be the ones that succeed.

Most channels fail because people expect too much right from the beginning. Now I'm telling you, 33 subscribers and 500 views is a decent place to be after just 4 weeks!

If you're thinking about giving up so soon, you need to do one of 2 things. Quit, and be like the rest of the 'what if guys' or soldier on, learn, make better videos and get yourself out there. If you're hungry enough for it, the world is your oyster and you absolutely CAN make it on youtube. REMEMBER, youtube is still relatively new and young enough for most people to succeed if they put the work in. Now go slap yourself in the face and make another video and quit complaining

vivibunny

Reaction score
don't give up! it's hard but I heard once you've get things in gears it'll keep growing!

Bridder

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian
OK, I hope this doesn't come across as me being a total ****hole but what do you expect?
Looking at your channel I can see your first video was 4 weeks ago, and you've been a member since 2015, presumably as a viewer and now you decided to become a creator right?
To put things into context for you, I have been a food blogger for 6 years, and in August last year I decided to give youtube a go, and let me tell you, my only regret is I didn't do it sooner!
That being said, I quickly realised that it is certainly not easy to gain views and subscribers. I was at the same level as you are now after 4 weeks, and so are thousands of others. The difference is those that give up, will always be the 'what if guys' and those that persevere will be the ones that succeed.

Most channels fail because people expect too much right from the beginning. Now I'm telling you, 33 subscribers and 500 views is a decent place to be after just 4 weeks!

If you're thinking about giving up so soon, you need to do one of 2 things. Quit, and be like the rest of the 'what if guys' or soldier on, learn, make better videos and get yourself out there. If you're hungry enough for it, the world is your oyster and you absolutely CAN make it on youtube. REMEMBER, youtube is still relatively new and young enough for most people to succeed if they put the work in. Now go slap yourself in the face and make another video and quit complaining
I guess that's what I needed a slap in the face ;), and some moral support from fellow youtubers here. Thanks. Keep pushing :)

Malasia

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Don't give up. I know how it feels to put so much effort towards something that is stagnant but you get what you put into this world, Its just a matter of when♡ I feel like giving up sometimes too but me personally I look up strategies and ways to grow my channel. I also pay attention to what's trending which usually can a lot get attention to your channel if you post at the right time but I also keep in mind to stick with my brand and only do things I enjoy and relates to what my channel is supposed to give off which is funny content, advice and rants lol I hope this helps I'll definitely check your channel out :)

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Sadly, it takes time to build up the views and subscribers, but that doesn´t mean you should give up!

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
there are times where subs and views are going to be stuck but never give up, if you love it do it for you and not for others :)
This is so true. If you love it just keep on going. It will be hard at times but there will also be a lot of times where you see progress and at these times it will be fun

Reactions: Shendijiro
Status
Not open for further replies.