Something Which Bothers Me...

cbpayne

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
I seen almost a dozen posts just today on the YT help forum with the exact same: "My channel has crossed the limit of monetization activation but still my channel monetization not enabled since some days." ... none of them were remotely close to being eligible. I just googled the phrase to see where they getting it from. Could not find it. They must be doing some sort of YT course and told to post it !!

Reactions: UKHypnotist

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
I seen almost a dozen posts just today on the YT help forum with the exact same: "My channel has crossed the limit of monetization activation but still my channel monetization not enabled since some days." ... none of them were remotely close to being eligible. I just googled the phrase to see where they getting it from. Could not find it. They must be doing some sort of YT course and told to post it !!
What I'd love to know is if this is something related to a YT "course", how the instructor could have gained any type of verifiable certification or traceable reputation giving this sort of advice.

Some of the posters have well over the required amounts of subs; but the channel links involved are far too young to have gained that level of subscribership legitimately, suggesting artificial inflation. Far too many of the posted channels have illegitimate content in the form of third-party copyright content; yet are hoping to 'slide by' on claiming they created the videos.

Finally quite a few of the third-party copyright containing channels will be considered 'spam content'; the new "pseudo-niche" called WhatsApp Status videos can gain view numbers quickly due to being only 30 seconds each. The problem with these is that any channel owner choosing to base his content niche on this format risks all of the following: 1. Termination on the grounds of copyright violation 2. Advertisers and YT Admin seeing such content as too low in quality to carry ads; causing the channel to be denied monetization on these grounds 3. Extreme monetization delay; as it will take literally several million views in a 365 day period to reach 4000 watch time hours, and it may actually be 10s of millions. I simply haven't bothered to do the math.

On the brighter side: one of the lower-ranked responders who like me, isn't even a Rising Star yet, has finally noticed the people trying "My channel was founded in 'Year X' when monetization rules didn't exist; enable (or re-enable) my monetization immediately". He pointed out the OP's error; stating he had no idea who began this, but the new eligibility rules are universal and apply to all channels no matter their founding date.

And the wailing of "Why has my earning been stopped?" has already begun. Some older, previously monetized channels whose owners totally failed to take note of and read their "pink slip emails" sent in January, have only just noticed their monetization is gone. These typically have been made temporarily ineligible due to not reaching application threshold subs and hours, and are told they can reapply when they reach eligibility threshold. Equally typical is an attempt to say "I've been monetized since my channel's founding; I have no idea why this has happened".

Other channels, based in part or totally on third-party copyright media are suffering the fate mentioned in my prior article titled: "If You Choose To Deliberately Use Copyright Media On YouTube"; and are protesting that as they have no Copyright or Community Guidelines issues showing in their Channel Features section of the Creator Dasboard, there is nothing wrong with their channels; and are requesting or even demanding that monetization be immediately re-enabled.

Last edited: