• Yes

• Not with a Vlog style

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tom theWildlife

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So although I love me some games. I have started a YouTube dedicated to something different. My passion is Nature and Wildlife, I went as far as to study a Bsc in Biodiversity and ecology in university and have now graduated with my degree. Although though out varsity I realized that what I really wanted to do was share my passion of Nature with a greater audience to hopefully build a better appreciation for the Natural world that is quickly being destroyed and forgot. I feel like YouTube is a fantastic platform to do this on, however, it is not something I have really seen here before so I am not sure if people would be interested in it? At the moment I am doing a sort of "vlog" style video sharing my experience in some nature reserves and dropping nature facts but would like to know what you guys think of this style of presentation vs perhaps a different style like a more traditional boring interview style?

Reactions: Mister20seven

Mister20seven

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Yes, there is definitely an audience for that. I think it's a good idea as nature and wildlife is always interesting, at least in my view. You can mix some great footage with knowledge in a short time, what's not to like about that? Try to vary the styles of the presentation, I think this will always keep it interesting ( to watch and to film / edit).
I just watched your "top 5"- video :up2: I didn't even know that there are penguins in South Africa.
I subscribed and will continue watching later.

Reactions: Tom theWildlife

Alec Viljoen

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Nice one Tom - watched a few and enjoyed them. For me, will probably want a little more info about the subject - for instance on the Bontebok - size, identifying features, range , estimated numbers and any other factoids. Just an idea. Have plans to also start a channel and would be happy if my initial attempts came close to yours.

Tom theWildlife

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks guys appreciate the support and with make sure push more facts into each video! Good luck with your Channel Alec!

Freshcutky

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Other
I totally think theres an audience for it! I actually just subbed to your channel, lol. I'm a flower farmer, so I kind of wondered something along the same lines. The biggest issue, I think, lies in discoverability. Good luck! :)

MostShockingEP

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
There is an audience for everything, the questions however are, what is the size of this audience? Are they on YouTube? Will they be able to find you?

Tom theWildlife

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
This is all very true :) Perhaps somethings can even create their own audience? Get people interested in something that they didn't think they would like?