Someone steals my channel art?

darksmokeyt

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
If I make my own custom channel art and do not trademark my logo, what if someone else uses my art? Can they trademark it and accuse me of stealing their work?

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
If I make my own custom channel art and do not trademark my logo, what if someone else uses my art? Can they trademark it and accuse me of stealing their work?
Well, they could, but what are the chances of that really happening? n.n" I made my banner art and logo myself as well, but I never worried about someone stealing them. I would ofcourse have the CSP files to prove that I made them, but I didn't trademark any of my work. I wouldn't worry about that until you are really big and have a name to protect (to avoid infringement and identity theft).

Farley Productions

Pursuing the Arts one step at a time.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
It's always possible for someone to copy and paste your work. Whether we like them to or not. But you can always add a Copyright symbol somewhere on your pictures, banners and icons. Even if it's small with the year and your name of when the picture(s) and/or video(s) were made.

I don't have any answer to the question, "Can they trademark it and accuse me of stealing their work?" since I'm sure someone can attempt to do that. But you can always "flag" them on Youtube for stealing your work and see how it turns out. Hopefully no one has though. Just try to add Copyright symbols to your work for example, "©2017 Patreck Farley" or "©2017 Farley Productions." It does help quite a bit.

Reactions: darksmokeyt