Someone reuploaded a video I deleted from my channel

Reide

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
What information did you give them? If you have the original save file (not the export) you could screen shot that in the editor, you could also screenshot the properties. Have you contacted the user who uploaded it? Maybe inbox them a formal letter explaining that you did not consent to them stealing your video?

Andrewcu

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Here is the message I just sent to YouTube:

I uploaded a video on September 8th that I then deleted a few days later because I decided wasn't happy with it yet. Here is the page it was uploaded to: <LINK>

I found out that someone downloaded my video while it was up and reuploaded it to their channel. All they did was speed it up and upload it in 480p (instead of 1080p) and put other material to the end of it.
Here is 'their' video: <LINK>
From 0:00 to 1:02 is my work.

To prove that it is my work, I have reuploaded my video to my channel:
<LINK>

As you can see, my video is in 1080p. I think that proves that the video is mine.

Two attached screen shots contain further proof. One is of files used for the video and the second one shows I have a video called numbers 1 to 500 created Sep 7th.

Please remove their video as it is clearly not fair use.

Thanks.

Reide

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
All I can say is good luck and hopefully it gets sorted.

WolfWraith

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
YouTube should, SHOULD, still have a snap of the video. Most companies, if not all, that run a data centre of any sort, will have a temporary (or even permanent) archive of any pictures, posts, videos or whatever it is you uploaded, especially for social media. This is because they need to have a backup in case something happens to their servers. YouTube may actually genuinely delete videos once you delete it from your channel, but I highly think it's unlikely that the video is permanently deleted right away and would require one to a few days; to be permanently removed from their servers & their backups.

But hopefully re-uploading it will help them. Maybe you could even upload the raw, un-edited footage for extra proof?

Andrewcu

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
YouTube should, SHOULD, still have a snap of the video. Most companies, if not all, that run a data centre of any sort, will have a temporary (or even permanent) archive of any pictures, posts, videos or whatever it is you uploaded, especially for social media. This is because they need to have a backup in case something happens to their servers. YouTube may actually genuinely delete videos once you delete it from your channel, but I highly think it's unlikely that the video is permanently deleted right away and would require one to a few days; to be permanently removed from their servers & their backups.

But hopefully re-uploading it will help them. Maybe you could even upload the raw, un-edited footage for extra proof?
Yes, hopefully YouTube does have some backup of my deleted video still there.

Unfortunately there is no raw footage as such. Nothing was shot on a camera: each frame was produced in Photoshop. I think the fact that I have the original 1080p version and the pirated version is only 480p should seal the deal in my opinion.

WolfWraith

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Yes, hopefully YouTube does have some backup of my deleted video still there.

Unfortunately there is no raw footage as such. Nothing was shot on a camera: each frame was produced in Photoshop. I think the fact that I have the original 1080p version and the pirated version is only 480p should seal the deal in my opinion.
Don't overestimate YouTube. lol