Someone mentioned closed captions as useful in SEO.

Ross

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician

This video was pretty helpful I think. It's actually really easy to caption videos now. The way I do it is go into the captions tab in the info and settings of the video. And after clicking on the 'machine transcript' you can edit all the mistakes. It means you don't have to enter in lots of start and end times in a text document and the machine usually gets the beginning time and end of sentences accurately.

Just something to share, you might have seen it - if so what are you thoughts on closed captions and SEO?

SiiJei

The party dont start till I Log in.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
making your all of your topic content on a link made a forum staff angry :L
anyways , good tips , tweaks , tutorial , information , etc

Ross

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I think I fixed it. I wrote that post and didn't proof it - thanks.

ViciousCritic

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I have recently started using CaptionTube to create CC for all of my videos. I don't know if it helps SEO or not, but I thought it was worth a try and a good cause either way.

Reactions: SiiJei

mattv2099

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I caption all my videos for this reason. I make sure I fill the caption with keywords.

Stefan Gutmann

Reaction score
Hi Ross,

I'm writing my thesis at university about the closed captions as ranking factor and I will do a test.

Why are you interessted in this topic? Do you have more experience about the influence of CCs for the ranking?

Looking forward to hearing from you :)

best regards
Stefan

fyrelore

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Might start working on my captions soon, then. Just took a look at them and had to literally facepalm. Youtube has the strangest word detection for their captioning system.