Someone Else Posted A Video Containing My Photos/Video

Geeds

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
So this morning I came across a video where someone used my photos and video, and made their own video from it. They also have the video monetized, so they are making money off my work.

Should I be able to report it as copyright infringement, since the person never asked me for permission to make their own video using my material?

They did give me credit, but still I was never asked.

Attachments

Reactions: imJasonleo

imJasonleo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
If you believe it is infact that it is NOT fair use, as in the content created was blatantly re-uploaded without your permission, you have grounds to file a report to YouTube. If it's your content, it shouldn't used without your permission unless you explicitly state otherwise, or if its in public domain, no matter if they give credit or not.

Geeds

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Well I left a comment on the video, stating that I didn't give my consent for them to use my material and they responded with this.

Hi Geed, Thank you for your comment. If you don't like this video to be up on our channel we can remove it. But our goal was to show world about this beautiful build done by you and to inspire others to work on their cars. :) But we apologize for making this video! Just let us know what we need to do next with this amazing 1968 Pontiac GTO Build video! :) Best wishes - Hand Built Cars. :)

I informed them while I appreciate them wanting to share my vehicle, they are making money off of it.

BrettMikaluk

Uniquely Awesome Since 1997
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
You have a right to report it. Even if YouTube for whatever reason decides that it's fair use, you might as well try!

Edit: I just watched the video. Is everything in the video your own content? if so, 100% report it. because it's a 42 minute monetized video, they have no right to make money off of something that you completely created on your own.

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If they are using your content without your permission, I would file a copyright complaint

Geeds

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
You have a right to report it. Even if YouTube for whatever reason decides that it's fair use, you might as well try!

Edit: I just watched the video. Is everything in the video your own content? if so, 100% report it. because it's a 42 minute monetized video, they have no right to make money off of something that you completely created on your own.
Yup, its a combination of prior videos I uploaded to youtube, plus photos I uploaded and put into a build thread.

Reactions: BrettMikaluk

BrettMikaluk

Uniquely Awesome Since 1997
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Yup, its a combination of prior videos I uploaded to youtube, plus photos I uploaded and put into a build thread.
100% report it, and hopefully you'll get any revenue already claimed by them.

Geeds

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I gave them the option to remove, or get reported, and they removed it.

Reactions: markkaz