Someone copying my videos

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So there’s this channel that copied three of my videos. the first time this collab channel copied my video I thought okay it’s a Coincidence they uploaded the same exact video a couple days later because a lot YouTubers do have similar videos and then it happened a second time again right after I uploaded mine and I was like okay hmm this weird it’s always right after I uploaded mine and then it happened a third time right after I uploaded mine with same exact title and same exact words and descriptions and tags. So I contacted them and they wouldn’t answer me. So I had to unfortunately post it public on my Twitter because that was the only way for them to respond to me, I didn’t want to resolve things that way I wanted to have a decent conversation with them but that’s not what they wanted. My subscribers told me they noticed that was happening and the videos was so oddly similar, They finally answered because they seen people commenting that and instead of replying with a straight answer why they keep doing it they responded with lol your paranoid hahahaha. I didn’t even reply back because that was so immature. What should I do if it keeps happening?

Reactions: CristyTango

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
if they happen to copy your spoken script word for word or significant part of it then thats your IP and you can make a copyright claim to youtube.

ProXima123

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If it was just an idea, then I don't see too much of a problem. But if it is actually word for word and whatnot, then try to get in touch with them and see what's up haha.

HiEnergy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
That's the reason why I always superimpose a watermark in the lower corner of my screencasts, at least for my recent videos.
This way I should be able to see stolen videos of mine once I run across them somewhere in the large valleys of the Youtubes.
Ripping others' videos and placing them as one's own is evil, to say the least.
Hope YouTube punishes the culprit.

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If it was just an idea, then I don't see too much of a problem. But if it is actually word for word and whatnot, then try to get in touch with them and see what's up haha.
I did contact them and their response was hahah you’re paranoid hahahha

Orbital Fantasy™

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
So there’s this channel that copied three of my videos. the first time this collab channel copied my video I thought okay it’s a Coincidence they uploaded the same exact video a couple days later because a lot YouTubers do have similar videos and then it happened a second time again right after I uploaded mine and I was like okay hmm this weird it’s always right after I uploaded mine and then it happened a third time right after I uploaded mine with same exact title and same exact words and descriptions and tags. So I contacted them and they wouldn’t answer me. So I had to unfortunately post it public on my Twitter because that was the only way for them to respond to me, I didn’t want to resolve things that way I wanted to have a decent conversation with them but that’s not what they wanted. My subscribers told me they noticed that was happening and the videos was so oddly similar, They finally answered because they seen people commenting that and instead of replying with a straight answer why they keep doing it they responded with lol your paranoid hahahaha. I didn’t even reply back because that was so immature. What should I do if it keeps happening?
Hi. Are they re-uploading copies of your videos? If so, file complaints.

CristyTango

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian
ughhhhhh that is so annoying.
I think it checked it out when you made that tweet and it was really evident that they are poaching your ideas. I mean some of them can be dismissed as "people get the same ideas" but it's like around the same time... that is SO annoying. and this scares me hearing this from you because I have a TON of ideas, that are original (I make it a point to search my ideas to make sure it doesn't already exist, and if it does- I make sure mine is still different) I would HATE for someone to come and take my stuff. Even "just ideas". Like you are doing stuff and it is "your thing" because you made it up, but then someone comes and takes the idea and tries to make it "their thing" and don't even reference to where they got the idea from :(

You're not crazy. They are trying to make you feel like you are, but you definitely are not imagining it. No way to coincidences happen that close together ESPECIALLY when they are following your social media. I honestly don't know what to do in this situation either, but I just wanted to let you know you aren't crazy.

Reactions: Courtney Candice

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You really can't do anything if someone makes similar videos or copies your title. I know there are people copying my cars and coffee title almost 100% but it is what it is. I figure people know which video is mine and which video is someone elses. I am not going to make a fuss. It's not like I am loosing any views or subscribers over it.

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I get this regularly. A lot of channels copy my ideas. Not a reupload of my videos but similar/same titles etc.
Ive done nothing about it as not a 'true copy'. My videos suggest their content but then again their videos suggest my content.
So in them copying me, they are helping me out also..

Aventus

Reaction score
I agree with the comments above. There's probably not much that could be done about it unless they're reuploading your videos or stealing your script. Just think of it this way, you must be doing something right if people actually want to copy your ideas. And like what Evo said, it's pretty much free promotion to your channel.