Some videos being suggested only by one or two other videos

Pierce's Mom

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
haha I just watched yours! Love it! Great job! haha

We got our idea from KiddieToysReview.. to me they arent as popular as they were when we first made our second.. but doesnt hurt to try! TigerBox HD did one just recently and it had over 3 million views.. I did one a while back and it didnt do much.. but then again.. TigerBoxHD's channel has 43 Million on it plus over 50k subs.. We shadow a lot of kiddietoysreview. but other than the careless dad ones nothing else really took off ;) We are thinking about doing a crushing one of the spinner like TigerboxHD.. but not sure yet haha We did a superhero crushing one with spiderman a few days ago with not much luck.. We have shadowed several.. we even have shadow your channel! haha You have had success with the happy meal toys..[DOUBLEPOST=1494620948][/DOUBLEPOST]

Thank you so much for this! We seem to do better with shorter videos, our longer ones dont have may views.. our channel as a whole is about 40% retention.. which I'm not sure if that great or not haha
Lol!! What an honor to be considered good enough to be shadowed. Crazy thing is that I can't replicate the success I've had with Happy Meal Toys. Not all our happy meal videos take off, just a few. They are all still being watched but definitely on a downward trend. ;-(

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Lol!! What an honor to be considered good enough to be shadowed. Crazy thing is that I can't replicate the success I've had with Happy Meal Toys. Not all our happy meal videos take off, just a few. They are all still being watched but definitely on a downward trend. ;-(
Haha! You do great work, great edits and I LOVE your thumbnails. Yea, same with the crushing videos we did.. they were what was driving our small channel but hardly any haha

Reactions: Pierce's Mom

Graha Muhammad

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I want to get subscribe and viewer a lot, how to do?
Please tell me how ..
Thank you..

FamilyToyReview

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
When you finally get some suggested views coming in, dont sit on your laurels. That was my biggest mistake in the past. Keep on producing. Especially similar videos. I noticed videos are often grouped together by the upload date of video. New videos are often found in suggested of other new videos.you may have landed in the suggested section of a fairly new video of larger channel. But their video will hit a peak at some point and you'll reach a point of diminishing returns as there are fewer eyeballs coming to watch the bigger channel's video and as your video is edged out of rotation in the suggested by other big channels. But if you keep producing you will keep afloat in the cycle. Hopefully along the way you will position yourself nicely and discover a trending vein that will expose your video to a more promising network of videos in suggested.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
When you finally get some suggested views coming in, dont sit on your laurels. That was my biggest mistake in the past. Keep on producing. Especially similar videos. I noticed videos are often grouped together by the upload date of video. New videos are often found in suggested of other new videos.you may have landed in the suggested section of a fairly new video of larger channel. But their video will hit a peak at some point and you'll reach a point of diminishing returns as there are fewer eyeballs coming to watch the bigger channel's video and as your video is edged out of rotation in the suggested by other big channels. But if you keep producing you will keep afloat in the cycle. Hopefully along the way you will position yourself nicely and discover a trending vein that will expose your video to a more promising network of videos in suggested.
Thanks so much for this! Great stuff, I feel this keeps happening to me.. I reach an all time high and then two weeks later back where I started, even after I produce several like the one that took off.. I'm starting to think maybe I should produce videos everyday again..[DOUBLEPOST=1495562323,1495537754][/DOUBLEPOST]
How did your success come? From one video or over several videos?

Reactions: Pierce's Mom

FamilyToyReview

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Thanks so much for this! Great stuff, I feel this keeps happening to me.. I reach an all time high and then two weeks later back where I started, even after I produce several like the one that took off.. I'm starting to think maybe I should produce videos everyday again..[DOUBLEPOST=1495562323,1495537754][/DOUBLEPOST]

How did your success come? From one video or over several videos?
Depends on your definition of success. But yeah multiple videos. It doesnt just take one to sustain (i think). One of my early big hit videos was a thomas the great race trailer. Helped my channel. Gave me one of my first early big boosts where the floor of daily views raised to a new level. But it wasnt a huge success. Unfortunately i havent had much success with insane breakout videos. Mine usually ranges from unpopular to mildly popular to maybe semi popular. Its hard to have a video that retains its popularity, it usually dies off after a few days or weeks. Unless you get everything just right and make a video that hits the algorithm with jolt of lightning and flies it ls way to the top. Even then got to make more of those to keep afloat to the new highs. Maybe dont need to upload daily, ive seen channels that are popular and only upload weekly. But im uploading more frequently because i havent figured everything out yet and i need all the help i can get.

Everything is relative. Last year i would have loved to get the views im getting now. But its not enough. Im finally about to hit 20k subscribers. Just an arbitrary number that i aimed for long time ago. But i feel like i still am far behind. For most of the year ive been struggling to maintain my average daily view count. It fluctuates and declines and ive been trying to prop it up. Seems like im doing better but view growth has stalled all year. I keep making new videos that are doing kind of good but every 10 new videos i make, 10 other videos of mine seem to expire with no views. But yeah in the meantime im just going to keep feeding the beast. One of these videos has to be a good one yt will promote.

Last edited: