Some SEO questions

Skydmark1

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey everyone, so I'm getting ready to post my first video which is a game review. I've done a little homework and found some low hanging fruit search terms but I'm wondering what the best way to approach is. What I mean is, let's say I have a couple of search terms that I think I have a shot at ranking for and they are related. So maybe the name of the game followed by PC version, and also Review. Is it best to combine these for a chance to rank for both or does Youtube like exact match terms?

I know I'm probably over thinking this, also how much weight does the description hold for keywords?

spartanfit1

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What I do is use my channel name as the first tag and then put the name of the game in a few different tag options. Also put the video title as a tag, i found that helps. Then like you said just use generic terms that you think would be searched for based on the game. Eg. for Star Wars Battlefront you could use storm trooper, rebel alliance, imperial, etc.

Reactions: Skydmark1

6StringMadMan

I've Got It
Reaction score
Yes, combine both keywords into your title as it is the strongest onpage ranking factor, but don't let it be sloppy. Sometimes I go for five or more longtail keywords to get as much as I can out of the title. YouTube allows you to make longer titles, so why not try to include as many keywords as you can?

Reactions: Skydmark1

Skydmark1

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Makes sense, and I know not to just spam keywords into the title. It needs to flow and describe the video. Just wasn't sure if exact match was a big deal. You used to be able to rank high in google with exact match domain names for example, although newer algorithms don't give it the weight it used to carry.