Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

Some questions about Copyright?

Discussion in 'Copyright, Claims, Strikes & Legal Discussion' started by thesloth, Oct 2, 2017.

1. thesloth
    Cash:
    $3
    Hi everyone

I hope you can help. Sorry if these questions seem silly, but I'm really unsure and want to be clear!

The 'Music Policies' page on Youtube where it advises if it's viewable worldwide, and if ads can appear, if something is viewable worldwide does that mean I can use it in my youtube video?

If not, can anyone recommend a site to get royalty free music from that have remixes, etc? Not just music like on bensound?

Thanks in advance!

UKHypnotist likes this.
  2. UKHypnotist
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $106
    If its viewable worldwide but ads may appear, this means that you can use the music in your video, and that video will be available for viewing all over the world; however, the copyright owner will monetize it with ads.

What exactly do you mean when you say remixes? If you mean remixes of copyrighted popular songs, that is not allowed in the RF format to the best of my knowledge; unless very high licensing fees have been paid to the original record label, artists and songwriters. I am a royalty free music composer in my own right.

3. thesloth
    Cash:
    $3
    Hi there,

Thanks for clearing that up!

By remixes I mean, for example, the music on soundcloud.com. You can search covers/remixes that people are free to use commercially.

Or is that classed at something different?

Thanks again.

4. UKHypnotist
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $106
    If the covers are of copyrighted music, then expect to get hit with Content ID claims. Same with the remixes; if the originals being remixes are under copyright, then the artist has no business offering a commercial use license, free or otherwise, unless the original copyright is his or her own.