Some dude recorded me for thier channel...

Chase Butler

Filmmaker - Vlogger
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Wrong again, Bob. Yes you are in public, but you can't just record and publicize anyone who is out in public. Just like you can't do that on the street without consent...
Actually you are wrong here. If you are in/on public property you can record anything you can see from the public property i.e. People, cars, ext. . I think you should check out this place called google...

Lanorc

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
GUYS!!! HIM RECORDING IS THE LEGAL PART! PUTTING IT A TV NETOWRK LIEK YOUTUBE IS THE NOT OK PART!! XD im in germany, and here.. consent is ALWAYS needed for it to go public. Recording is the OK part.. uploading.. is the not ok part :p
most of you argue that the recording part is ok.. and it is .. uploading however is NOT ok without saying yes.. MTD even asks the people if its ok to put it on YT

Chase Butler

Filmmaker - Vlogger
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
GUYS!!! HIM RECORDING IS THE LEGAL PART! PUTTING IT A TV NETOWRK LIEK YOUTUBE IS THE NOT OK PART!! XD im in germany, and here.. consent is ALWAYS needed for it to go public. Recording is the OK part.. uploading.. is the not ok part :p
most of you argue that the recording part is ok.. and it is .. uploading however is NOT ok without saying yes.. MTD even asks the people if its ok to put it on YT
But the thing is, Omegle is NOT only in Germany, there for German laws don't apply... And also youtube is NOT a TV Network there for it doesn't fall under the rules.

Lanorc

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Actually you are wrong here. If you are in/on public property you can record anything you can see from the public property i.e. People, cars, ext. . I think you should check out this place called google...
In germany.. filming other people houses is illigal.. filming on public streets is ok.. i studied law in germany and i asked a laywer on several important things :)

TheBatteryChicken

Level 34 Drug Dealer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
You probably should have told everyone you where in Germany :)

Every country has different laws on this and the UK is very laid back about it so you can film anything in public and put it straight on YouTube and have every right to do so

TheBatteryChicken

Level 34 Drug Dealer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Is this guy who uploaded this video German or in Germany ? Because you might have a problem if everything he has done is in a completely other country

SamTochelliDesign

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Unless he is German as well, German laws do NOT apply. It comes down to YouTube's policies, none of which he is breaking.

Reactions: Chase Butler

Lanorc

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
my point is.. ( getting of topic..) Where is the law from the internet.. id im sueing some one in the US as the law in germany is different.. who would win? :p
TBH, i dont give a s**t about me being there.. i made sure it was me in the comment section xD also i flagged it.. lets see what happends :)
ill update you anyway..

I get your points.. the recording is ok.. but publicing it.. and making you look foolish is not good... might damage your publicity :p[DOUBLEPOST=1372969723,1372969655][/DOUBLEPOST]
This is kinda of funny :D
i agree :D
nice discusion going on though.. :p